Aug 30, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
Manu Ginobili is likely done playing for Argentina. He’s not in Spain to play in the World Cup this year, his recovery from a stress fracture in his leg had not come along far enough (Ginobili admitted there is still pain) and so the Spurs shut him down.
But he is still a legend in Argentina, the best basketball player that country has ever produced. So they gave him a statue, something he tweeted out.
The statue is in Buenos Aires, in case you were looking to travel to get your picture with it. Although, from this photo, not sure about that likeness. Maybe it’s better in person.
The San Antonio Express News doesn’t really have any other details, but glad they noticed this.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 14
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 48
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17