Aug 30, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
Manu Ginobili is likely done playing for Argentina. He’s not in Spain to play in the World Cup this year, his recovery from a stress fracture in his leg had not come along far enough (Ginobili admitted there is still pain) and so the Spurs shut him down.
But he is still a legend in Argentina, the best basketball player that country has ever produced. So they gave him a statue, something he tweeted out.
The statue is in Buenos Aires, in case you were looking to travel to get your picture with it. Although, from this photo, not sure about that likeness. Maybe it’s better in person.
The San Antonio Express News doesn’t really have any other details, but glad they noticed this.
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 0
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 6
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39