Aug 30, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
Manu Ginobili is likely done playing for Argentina. He’s not in Spain to play in the World Cup this year, his recovery from a stress fracture in his leg had not come along far enough (Ginobili admitted there is still pain) and so the Spurs shut him down.
But he is still a legend in Argentina, the best basketball player that country has ever produced. So they gave him a statue, something he tweeted out.
The statue is in Buenos Aires, in case you were looking to travel to get your picture with it. Although, from this photo, not sure about that likeness. Maybe it’s better in person.
The San Antonio Express News doesn’t really have any other details, but glad they noticed this.
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 6
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 10
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 18
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 27
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 6
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 90