Aug 30, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
I believe Seth Curry deserves an NBA chance – and I mean more than the 13 minutes he played for the Grizzlies and Cavaliers last season.
Just watching him, Seth doesn’t exude NBA talent, though he’s not that far off.
But his brother, Stephen Curry, has defied expectations at every level. Few thought his game even translated from high school to college, and now he’s an NBA star.
So, my theory is maybe we’re all underestimating Seth. Maybe there’s something about how their father, Dell Curry, and others in their lives have trained them that makes them both particularly prepared to handle the rigors of the NBA despite smaller-than-ideal body types.
It’s definitely true of Stephen, and considering how big a long shot most 14th/15th men are, I’d gamble on giving Seth an extended look.
By that same logic, maybe Zoran Dragic deserves a chance, too.
His brother, Goran Dragic, slipped to the second round of the 2008 draft. But thanks to a combination of fearlessness, craftiness and vision, he’s turned into an NBA star. Those traits don’t always show up cleanly in scouting reports, so maybe Zoran had a similar basketball upbringing and shares them.
Some NBA teams are also curious.
Marc Stein of ESPN:
Pacers are one of the teams that have interest in Zoran Dragic, sources told Sportando.
Zoran actually led Slovenia in scoring in its exhibition against the U.S. It’ll be interesting to see how he responds in the World Cup knowing NBA teams are watching.
- What rust? Russell Westbrook returns, puts up 32 points in 24 minutes (VIDEO) 2
- NBA denies Kings’ protest 3
- Russell Westbrook returns to court tonight for Thunder vs. Knicks 9
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 11
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 8