Aug 30, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
I believe Seth Curry deserves an NBA chance – and I mean more than the 13 minutes he played for the Grizzlies and Cavaliers last season.
Just watching him, Seth doesn’t exude NBA talent, though he’s not that far off.
But his brother, Stephen Curry, has defied expectations at every level. Few thought his game even translated from high school to college, and now he’s an NBA star.
So, my theory is maybe we’re all underestimating Seth. Maybe there’s something about how their father, Dell Curry, and others in their lives have trained them that makes them both particularly prepared to handle the rigors of the NBA despite smaller-than-ideal body types.
It’s definitely true of Stephen, and considering how big a long shot most 14th/15th men are, I’d gamble on giving Seth an extended look.
By that same logic, maybe Zoran Dragic deserves a chance, too.
His brother, Goran Dragic, slipped to the second round of the 2008 draft. But thanks to a combination of fearlessness, craftiness and vision, he’s turned into an NBA star. Those traits don’t always show up cleanly in scouting reports, so maybe Zoran had a similar basketball upbringing and shares them.
Some NBA teams are also curious.
Marc Stein of ESPN:
Pacers are one of the teams that have interest in Zoran Dragic, sources told Sportando.
Zoran actually led Slovenia in scoring in its exhibition against the U.S. It’ll be interesting to see how he responds in the World Cup knowing NBA teams are watching.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 14
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 10
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18