Aug 30, 2014, 11:01 PM EDT
Sure, Finland plays about as much defense as you see in my Monday night pick-up games, that was still an impressive move by Derrick Rose.
Rose looked like his vintage self against Finland in the USA’s World Cup opening win, finishing with 12 points. Rose was explosive and looked the best we have seen since the USA’s tune-up game in Chicago against Brazil.
The real question with Rose is how he feels the next day. (A question that will be asked again and again all season.) We’ll see how much he plays and how he looks against Turkey on Sunday, but on Saturday Rose looked good again.
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 4
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 11
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 14
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 10
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 16
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11