Aug 30, 2014, 11:01 PM EST
Sure, Finland plays about as much defense as you see in my Monday night pick-up games, that was still an impressive move by Derrick Rose.
Rose looked like his vintage self against Finland in the USA’s World Cup opening win, finishing with 12 points. Rose was explosive and looked the best we have seen since the USA’s tune-up game in Chicago against Brazil.
The real question with Rose is how he feels the next day. (A question that will be asked again and again all season.) We’ll see how much he plays and how he looks against Turkey on Sunday, but on Saturday Rose looked good again.
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 0
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 5
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 5
- Report: Danny Ainge telling other teams he won’t trade Rajon Rondo 8
- PBT Extra: How would the NBA benefit from legalized sports betting? 2
- NBPA ready to appeal Jeffery Taylor’s 24-game suspension 12
- Alex Len, No. 5 pick in a draft full of players who looked like busts as rookies, showing he doesn’t deserve the label 5
- PBT’s Wednesday night NBA Winners/Losers: Video of LeBron’s fumble, other tight finishes 14