Aug 30, 2014, 11:01 PM EST
Sure, Finland plays about as much defense as you see in my Monday night pick-up games, that was still an impressive move by Derrick Rose.
Rose looked like his vintage self against Finland in the USA’s World Cup opening win, finishing with 12 points. Rose was explosive and looked the best we have seen since the USA’s tune-up game in Chicago against Brazil.
The real question with Rose is how he feels the next day. (A question that will be asked again and again all season.) We’ll see how much he plays and how he looks against Turkey on Sunday, but on Saturday Rose looked good again.
- Wesley Matthews’ injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 11
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 4
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14