Aug 28, 2014, 10:33 AM EDT
There was no clear cause of the injury, perhaps indicating it wasn’t too, too serious. Plus, he’d have a full offseason to recover.
But, though the reigning Rookie of the Year has made progress, he’s not yet ready to play a game.
76ers general manager Sam Hinkie on Carter-Williams, via Bob Cooney of the Philadelphia Dailey News:
“Things are coming along. I haven’t seen the full report of late and haven’t seen the most recent checkup. He can shoot and is working hard. He is not ready for full five-on-five contact.”
There’s still time for Carter-Williams to finish rehabbing. Training camp doesn’t open for a month and the regular season doesn’t begin for another month after that.
But if he needs more time than that, he’ll get it.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 16
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 20
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 15
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9