Aug 28, 2014, 10:33 AM EDT
There was no clear cause of the injury, perhaps indicating it wasn’t too, too serious. Plus, he’d have a full offseason to recover.
But, though the reigning Rookie of the Year has made progress, he’s not yet ready to play a game.
76ers general manager Sam Hinkie on Carter-Williams, via Bob Cooney of the Philadelphia Dailey News:
“Things are coming along. I haven’t seen the full report of late and haven’t seen the most recent checkup. He can shoot and is working hard. He is not ready for full five-on-five contact.”
There’s still time for Carter-Williams to finish rehabbing. Training camp doesn’t open for a month and the regular season doesn’t begin for another month after that.
But if he needs more time than that, he’ll get it.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 7
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4