Aug 28, 2014, 10:33 AM EDT
There was no clear cause of the injury, perhaps indicating it wasn’t too, too serious. Plus, he’d have a full offseason to recover.
But, though the reigning Rookie of the Year has made progress, he’s not yet ready to play a game.
76ers general manager Sam Hinkie on Carter-Williams, via Bob Cooney of the Philadelphia Dailey News:
“Things are coming along. I haven’t seen the full report of late and haven’t seen the most recent checkup. He can shoot and is working hard. He is not ready for full five-on-five contact.”
There’s still time for Carter-Williams to finish rehabbing. Training camp doesn’t open for a month and the regular season doesn’t begin for another month after that.
But if he needs more time than that, he’ll get it.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 1
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 35
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38