Aug 28, 2014, 10:33 AM EDT
There was no clear cause of the injury, perhaps indicating it wasn’t too, too serious. Plus, he’d have a full offseason to recover.
But, though the reigning Rookie of the Year has made progress, he’s not yet ready to play a game.
76ers general manager Sam Hinkie on Carter-Williams, via Bob Cooney of the Philadelphia Dailey News:
“Things are coming along. I haven’t seen the full report of late and haven’t seen the most recent checkup. He can shoot and is working hard. He is not ready for full five-on-five contact.”
There’s still time for Carter-Williams to finish rehabbing. Training camp doesn’t open for a month and the regular season doesn’t begin for another month after that.
But if he needs more time than that, he’ll get it.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 0
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17