Aug 28, 2014, 10:33 AM EDT
There was no clear cause of the injury, perhaps indicating it wasn’t too, too serious. Plus, he’d have a full offseason to recover.
But, though the reigning Rookie of the Year has made progress, he’s not yet ready to play a game.
76ers general manager Sam Hinkie on Carter-Williams, via Bob Cooney of the Philadelphia Dailey News:
“Things are coming along. I haven’t seen the full report of late and haven’t seen the most recent checkup. He can shoot and is working hard. He is not ready for full five-on-five contact.”
There’s still time for Carter-Williams to finish rehabbing. Training camp doesn’t open for a month and the regular season doesn’t begin for another month after that.
But if he needs more time than that, he’ll get it.
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 1
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 54
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 18
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 33
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 30
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3