Aug 28, 2014, 6:30 PM EST
Internationally, Blatche has been scooped up by the Philippines.
How did Blatche – who was born in New York and has no known Filipino heritage – come to represent the Philippines in the World Cup?
Rafe Bartholomew of Grantland has an in-depth look at the Blatche-Philippines relationship, including a particularly funny anecdote.
Earlier this summer, Blatche tweeted:
It was a well-intentioned gesture — if only he had used the hashtag #LabanPilipinasPuso!, which means “Fight Philippines Heart!” instead of one that roughly translated as “Laundry Philippines Heart!”
Andray being Andray.
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson swap 0
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 13
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36