Aug 28, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
Internationally, Blatche has been scooped up by the Philippines.
How did Blatche – who was born in New York and has no known Filipino heritage – come to represent the Philippines in the World Cup?
Rafe Bartholomew of Grantland has an in-depth look at the Blatche-Philippines relationship, including a particularly funny anecdote.
Earlier this summer, Blatche tweeted:
It was a well-intentioned gesture — if only he had used the hashtag #LabanPilipinasPuso!, which means “Fight Philippines Heart!” instead of one that roughly translated as “Laundry Philippines Heart!”
Andray being Andray.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 11
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32