Aug 28, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
Internationally, Blatche has been scooped up by the Philippines.
How did Blatche – who was born in New York and has no known Filipino heritage – come to represent the Philippines in the World Cup?
Rafe Bartholomew of Grantland has an in-depth look at the Blatche-Philippines relationship, including a particularly funny anecdote.
Earlier this summer, Blatche tweeted:
It was a well-intentioned gesture — if only he had used the hashtag #LabanPilipinasPuso!, which means “Fight Philippines Heart!” instead of one that roughly translated as “Laundry Philippines Heart!”
Andray being Andray.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 0
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 24
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 18
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 25
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 28
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 38
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 29