Aug 27, 2014, 5:00 PM EST
But there’s still some interest in the talented forward.
The Lakers worked him out, and they were clearly intrigued. Not intrigued enough to sign him, but intrigued enough to proceed with Beasley.
Alex Kennedy of Basketball Insiders:
The Lakers can offer just a minimum contract – not that Beasley could command more, anyway.
The No. 2 pick just six years ago, Beasley would give the Lakers another player with name recognition. He’d also give the Lakers another player who isn’t that good. For a franchise going nowhere anytime soon, Beasley is a perfect fit.
For Beasley, the Lakers might offer an NBA salary, and that beats not an NBA salary.
It’s a match made in heaven.
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 0
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 1
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 2
- The three biggest All-Star snubs in each conference 17
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 11
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 9
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 9
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 42