Aug 27, 2014, 5:00 PM EST
But there’s still some interest in the talented forward.
The Lakers worked him out, and they were clearly intrigued. Not intrigued enough to sign him, but intrigued enough to proceed with Beasley.
Alex Kennedy of Basketball Insiders:
The Lakers can offer just a minimum contract – not that Beasley could command more, anyway.
The No. 2 pick just six years ago, Beasley would give the Lakers another player with name recognition. He’d also give the Lakers another player who isn’t that good. For a franchise going nowhere anytime soon, Beasley is a perfect fit.
For Beasley, the Lakers might offer an NBA salary, and that beats not an NBA salary.
It’s a match made in heaven.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 10
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 8
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 25
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8