Aug 27, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
But there’s still some interest in the talented forward.
The Lakers worked him out, and they were clearly intrigued. Not intrigued enough to sign him, but intrigued enough to proceed with Beasley.
Alex Kennedy of Basketball Insiders:
The Lakers can offer just a minimum contract – not that Beasley could command more, anyway.
The No. 2 pick just six years ago, Beasley would give the Lakers another player with name recognition. He’d also give the Lakers another player who isn’t that good. For a franchise going nowhere anytime soon, Beasley is a perfect fit.
For Beasley, the Lakers might offer an NBA salary, and that beats not an NBA salary.
It’s a match made in heaven.
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 14
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 6
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 29
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 30
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17