Aug 27, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
But there’s still some interest in the talented forward.
The Lakers worked him out, and they were clearly intrigued. Not intrigued enough to sign him, but intrigued enough to proceed with Beasley.
Alex Kennedy of Basketball Insiders:
The Lakers can offer just a minimum contract – not that Beasley could command more, anyway.
The No. 2 pick just six years ago, Beasley would give the Lakers another player with name recognition. He’d also give the Lakers another player who isn’t that good. For a franchise going nowhere anytime soon, Beasley is a perfect fit.
For Beasley, the Lakers might offer an NBA salary, and that beats not an NBA salary.
It’s a match made in heaven.
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 11
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 38
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 2
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 22
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 100
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 11
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 78
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27