Aug 27, 2014, 8:20 PM EDT
Obviously, there were plenty of questions whether the 6-foot-11 Henson had the bulk to play inside in the NBA.
Henson’s game dictated he should, at least. His shot-blocking at North Carolina was exceptional, and he wasn’t much of a ball-handler. But at least a few people thought he couldn’t hack it as a professional power forward.
Turns out, Henson might be ready to move in deeper into the paint.
Gery Woelfel of The (Racine) Journal Times:
The positional revolution is already upon us, and Bucks coach Jason Kidd is taking it to the next level.
Coaching the Nets last season, Kidd went small following Brook Lopez’s injury. The results were positive, perhaps giving Kidd his niche – a coach who’s unafraid to tinker with weird lineups.
He already plans to play Giannis Antetokounmpo at point guard – not point forward – and Henson at center is another funky twist. The Bucks might not be good, but it should be fun to watch Kidd experiment with mismatches.
As fun as Milwaukee’s lineups could be, there is a downside to this news. If Henson starts at center, Larry Sanders, who finished serving his suspension last season, wouldn’t. Not long ago, Sanders was one of the game’s more electric big men, but attitude issues have derailed his career.
So, maybe Kidd plans to start Henson at center out of necessity. But that was also Kidd’s reason for altering Brooklyn’s lineup, and that turned out pretty well.
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 28
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 26
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48