Aug 27, 2014, 5:44 PM EDT
Phil Jackson keeps putting guards out of work, but they keep finding new jobs.
Sam Amick of USA Today:
Miami could offer only a minimum contract, worth $1,310,286 for Brown, though the NBA would cover $395,043 of that because he’s a veteran on a one-year minimum deal. No word on his guarantee.
Brown gives the Heat 16 players, but Shawne Williams, Justin Hamilton, Tyler Johnson and James Ennis don’t have fully guaranteed contracts. So, Brown is likely at least in that mix of players battling during training camp and the preseason.
This is mostly an uninspiring signing. Unlike Utah, which signed Murry, Miami is definitely trying to make the playoffs this season. Knicks rejects don’t exactly move the needle, but Brown could provide a little backcourt depth.
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 2
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 8