Aug 27, 2014, 5:44 PM EST
Phil Jackson keeps putting guards out of work, but they keep finding new jobs.
Sam Amick of USA Today:
Miami could offer only a minimum contract, worth $1,310,286 for Brown, though the NBA would cover $395,043 of that because he’s a veteran on a one-year minimum deal. No word on his guarantee.
Brown gives the Heat 16 players, but Shawne Williams, Justin Hamilton, Tyler Johnson and James Ennis don’t have fully guaranteed contracts. So, Brown is likely at least in that mix of players battling during training camp and the preseason.
This is mostly an uninspiring signing. Unlike Utah, which signed Murry, Miami is definitely trying to make the playoffs this season. Knicks rejects don’t exactly move the needle, but Brown could provide a little backcourt depth.
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 16
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 23
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6