Aug 27, 2014, 5:44 PM EST
Phil Jackson keeps putting guards out of work, but they keep finding new jobs.
Sam Amick of USA Today:
Miami could offer only a minimum contract, worth $1,310,286 for Brown, though the NBA would cover $395,043 of that because he’s a veteran on a one-year minimum deal. No word on his guarantee.
Brown gives the Heat 16 players, but Shawne Williams, Justin Hamilton, Tyler Johnson and James Ennis don’t have fully guaranteed contracts. So, Brown is likely at least in that mix of players battling during training camp and the preseason.
This is mostly an uninspiring signing. Unlike Utah, which signed Murry, Miami is definitely trying to make the playoffs this season. Knicks rejects don’t exactly move the needle, but Brown could provide a little backcourt depth.
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 7
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 35
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11