Aug 27, 2014, 5:44 PM EDT
Phil Jackson keeps putting guards out of work, but they keep finding new jobs.
Sam Amick of USA Today:
Miami could offer only a minimum contract, worth $1,310,286 for Brown, though the NBA would cover $395,043 of that because he’s a veteran on a one-year minimum deal. No word on his guarantee.
Brown gives the Heat 16 players, but Shawne Williams, Justin Hamilton, Tyler Johnson and James Ennis don’t have fully guaranteed contracts. So, Brown is likely at least in that mix of players battling during training camp and the preseason.
This is mostly an uninspiring signing. Unlike Utah, which signed Murry, Miami is definitely trying to make the playoffs this season. Knicks rejects don’t exactly move the needle, but Brown could provide a little backcourt depth.
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 10
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 8
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 54
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 10