Aug 27, 2014, 5:44 PM EDT
Phil Jackson keeps putting guards out of work, but they keep finding new jobs.
Sam Amick of USA Today:
Miami could offer only a minimum contract, worth $1,310,286 for Brown, though the NBA would cover $395,043 of that because he’s a veteran on a one-year minimum deal. No word on his guarantee.
Brown gives the Heat 16 players, but Shawne Williams, Justin Hamilton, Tyler Johnson and James Ennis don’t have fully guaranteed contracts. So, Brown is likely at least in that mix of players battling during training camp and the preseason.
This is mostly an uninspiring signing. Unlike Utah, which signed Murry, Miami is definitely trying to make the playoffs this season. Knicks rejects don’t exactly move the needle, but Brown could provide a little backcourt depth.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 7
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4