Aug 26, 2014, 8:35 PM EST
Here are all players who returned to the NBA at age 39 or older after being retired at least three seasons:
1. Bob Cousy.
That’s it. That’s the entire list.
Zydrunas Ilgauskas was reportedly attempting to double it, but perhaps that rumor was premature.
Shams Charania of RealGM:
This probably ends the story.
However, sometimes the default position of an agent is to deny, deny, deny. Also, Ilgauskas – if he is attempting a comeback – would probably prefer to work privately in case his body doesn’t respond as he hopes. Better not to fail publicly if that’s an option.
But Occam’s razor suggests Ilgauskas isn’t trying to come back. He’s too old and been retired too long, and someone is on the record denying it. Unless more evidence presents itself Ilgauskas is trying to come back, there’s little reason to believe he actually is.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 4
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 11
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 10
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 26
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 8
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10