Aug 26, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
The expectation is that Team USA won’t be seriously challenged in FIBA World Cup play until (and unless) they make it to the championship game, where they would (theoretically) take on the team from Spain, one that is similarly loaded with NBA-caliber talent.
Most point to the interior presence of Marc Gasol and Pau Gasol as the area that could be most problematic, but Serge Ibaka and Ricky Rubio remind us in this highlight play against Argentina that they bring plenty to the table for the USA squad to be concerned with, as well.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 2
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 22
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 20
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 28
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10