Aug 26, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
The expectation is that Team USA won’t be seriously challenged in FIBA World Cup play until (and unless) they make it to the championship game, where they would (theoretically) take on the team from Spain, one that is similarly loaded with NBA-caliber talent.
Most point to the interior presence of Marc Gasol and Pau Gasol as the area that could be most problematic, but Serge Ibaka and Ricky Rubio remind us in this highlight play against Argentina that they bring plenty to the table for the USA squad to be concerned with, as well.
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 29
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 9
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 35
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 16
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 33
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1