Aug 26, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
The expectation is that Team USA won’t be seriously challenged in FIBA World Cup play until (and unless) they make it to the championship game, where they would (theoretically) take on the team from Spain, one that is similarly loaded with NBA-caliber talent.
Most point to the interior presence of Marc Gasol and Pau Gasol as the area that could be most problematic, but Serge Ibaka and Ricky Rubio remind us in this highlight play against Argentina that they bring plenty to the table for the USA squad to be concerned with, as well.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 9
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 69
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30