Aug 26, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
The expectation is that Team USA won’t be seriously challenged in FIBA World Cup play until (and unless) they make it to the championship game, where they would (theoretically) take on the team from Spain, one that is similarly loaded with NBA-caliber talent.
Most point to the interior presence of Marc Gasol and Pau Gasol as the area that could be most problematic, but Serge Ibaka and Ricky Rubio remind us in this highlight play against Argentina that they bring plenty to the table for the USA squad to be concerned with, as well.
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 1
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 7
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 3
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 44
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7
- Report: Lakers considering bringing back Metta World Peace 33