Aug 26, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
The expectation is that Team USA won’t be seriously challenged in FIBA World Cup play until (and unless) they make it to the championship game, where they would (theoretically) take on the team from Spain, one that is similarly loaded with NBA-caliber talent.
Most point to the interior presence of Marc Gasol and Pau Gasol as the area that could be most problematic, but Serge Ibaka and Ricky Rubio remind us in this highlight play against Argentina that they bring plenty to the table for the USA squad to be concerned with, as well.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 6
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 11
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 6
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3