Aug 26, 2014, 6:45 PM EDT
But why stop there?
In need of a third point guard, as rumored, Utah has turned to 24-year-old Toure’ Murry.
Chris Herring of The Wall Street Journal:
Eric Pincus of Basketball Insiders:
The 6-foot-5 Murry broke into the NBA with the Knicks last season, and his size for the position makes him intriguing. He’s obviously not near the level of Burke and Exum, but Murry comes much cheaper.
Rebuilding team like the Jazz can never get enough prospects with the potential to join the rotation once the team is ready to win. Murry fits that description.
Utah is loading up on players without fully guaranteed contracts, but Murry has a larger guarantee than the rest, making it an upset if he doesn’t make the regular-season roster.
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 4
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 21
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 41
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2