Aug 26, 2014, 6:45 PM EST
But why stop there?
In need of a third point guard, as rumored, Utah has turned to 24-year-old Toure’ Murry.
Chris Herring of The Wall Street Journal:
Eric Pincus of Basketball Insiders:
The 6-foot-5 Murry broke into the NBA with the Knicks last season, and his size for the position makes him intriguing. He’s obviously not near the level of Burke and Exum, but Murry comes much cheaper.
Rebuilding team like the Jazz can never get enough prospects with the potential to join the rotation once the team is ready to win. Murry fits that description.
Utah is loading up on players without fully guaranteed contracts, but Murry has a larger guarantee than the rest, making it an upset if he doesn’t make the regular-season roster.
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 12
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 24
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 5
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 7
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 3