Aug 26, 2014, 6:45 PM EST
But why stop there?
In need of a third point guard, as rumored, Utah has turned to 24-year-old Toure’ Murry.
Chris Herring of The Wall Street Journal:
Eric Pincus of Basketball Insiders:
The 6-foot-5 Murry broke into the NBA with the Knicks last season, and his size for the position makes him intriguing. He’s obviously not near the level of Burke and Exum, but Murry comes much cheaper.
Rebuilding team like the Jazz can never get enough prospects with the potential to join the rotation once the team is ready to win. Murry fits that description.
Utah is loading up on players without fully guaranteed contracts, but Murry has a larger guarantee than the rest, making it an upset if he doesn’t make the regular-season roster.
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 19
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 11
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 14
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 27
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 19
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 12
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20