Aug 26, 2014, 6:45 PM EDT
But why stop there?
In need of a third point guard, as rumored, Utah has turned to 24-year-old Toure’ Murry.
Chris Herring of The Wall Street Journal:
Eric Pincus of Basketball Insiders:
The 6-foot-5 Murry broke into the NBA with the Knicks last season, and his size for the position makes him intriguing. He’s obviously not near the level of Burke and Exum, but Murry comes much cheaper.
Rebuilding team like the Jazz can never get enough prospects with the potential to join the rotation once the team is ready to win. Murry fits that description.
Utah is loading up on players without fully guaranteed contracts, but Murry has a larger guarantee than the rest, making it an upset if he doesn’t make the regular-season roster.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 0
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32