Aug 26, 2014, 6:45 PM EDT
But why stop there?
In need of a third point guard, as rumored, Utah has turned to 24-year-old Toure’ Murry.
Chris Herring of The Wall Street Journal:
Eric Pincus of Basketball Insiders:
The 6-foot-5 Murry broke into the NBA with the Knicks last season, and his size for the position makes him intriguing. He’s obviously not near the level of Burke and Exum, but Murry comes much cheaper.
Rebuilding team like the Jazz can never get enough prospects with the potential to join the rotation once the team is ready to win. Murry fits that description.
Utah is loading up on players without fully guaranteed contracts, but Murry has a larger guarantee than the rest, making it an upset if he doesn’t make the regular-season roster.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 21
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 29
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 4
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 1
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 10
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 7
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31