New NBA 2K15 trailer looks damn good (VIDEO)

Aug 25, 2014, 7:19 PM EDT

That should work.

The fine people at 2K Sports release trailers of games like NBA 2K15 to get you to pre-order it, to get you excited for the release. Well, that should do it. The game looks realistic — Chris Andersen looks a little too realistic. There’s Derrick Rose driving the lane, John Wall looking frustrated, Doc Rivers preaching in the huddle and LeBron James dunking on guys. All very realistic.

Plus Red Hot Chili Peppers — got to love huge hoops/Lakers fan Flea getting a little money from the soundtrack. Got to pay for those Lakers’ seats somehow.

1. antistratfordian - Aug 25, 2014 at 7:23 PM

Cavs cheerleaders getting screen time before the Laker girls!? LeBron has some sort of power, doesn’t he?

• avb300 - Aug 25, 2014 at 8:13 PM

People need to stop hyping Rubio. I know I go on about him but he’s not as good as people think. Dude’s shot is as slow and horrible as an NBA PG’s shot can be.

His perceived status as a star in the league drives me crazy. He’s a mediocre PG. That;s it. He’s much better in fantasy than reality. Ugh.

• antistratfordian - Aug 25, 2014 at 8:16 PM

I don’t know who you’re talking to, but the dude has CRAZY vision. I’m all about some Rubio.

• avb300 - Aug 25, 2014 at 8:59 PM

I’m talking to the people who made this trailer…he made 2 unnecessary appearances in it.

I love his vision too but that doesn’t make him a star. 15 other PGs have vision. He apparently wanted a 5 year max offer. Lol what a joke.

Kendall Marshall has insane vision too and is a much improved shooter. I’d rather have him than Rubio.

• money2long - Aug 25, 2014 at 9:41 PM

hey i got sick reading your rubio rant. ur insane because rubio is a delight to watch. he is a great talent. marshall will never be on his level. rubio can be the type to get triple doubles along with good defensive instincts. youre mad at rubio because he can’t shoot like curry. moron

• ProBasketballPundit - Aug 25, 2014 at 10:07 PM

I don’t know about Rubio but check out this post on rim protectors:

avb300.wordpress.com/tag/rim-protector/

• avb300 - Aug 26, 2014 at 12:13 AM

@ProBasketballPundit:

Appreciate the love man

• spthegr8 - Aug 26, 2014 at 10:34 AM

@Avb
        I wish I could give you’re comment 10 thumbs up. I couldn’t agree with you more!!

• pbtunpaidwriter - Aug 26, 2014 at 3:10 PM

@avb300

Liked your blog post on rip protectors. Keep it up

2. ProBasketballPundit - Aug 25, 2014 at 7:24 PM

Yeah BOOIIIIIIIIIIEEEEE!!! Finally the PC gets a real version of 2K. I know what I’ll be doing the entire month of October.

3. antistratfordian - Aug 25, 2014 at 7:25 PM

Seeing Bron run around in a Cleveland jersey makes me tear up. It’s really real. Can’t believe it.

This game does look super mark duper awesome btw. A must buy.

4. nfl4days - Aug 25, 2014 at 7:26 PM

We’ve come a long way since the original.NBA jam. Well, except NBA live, but that’s another story.

5. ProBasketballPundit - Aug 25, 2014 at 7:29 PM

“Hey look we got Inside The NBA in your video game but without the two best guys!”

• phaden27 - Aug 25, 2014 at 9:02 PM

You can keep Kenny, but Chuck should have been there.

6. jimb25 - Aug 25, 2014 at 7:36 PM

Where’s Kenny and Charles? They complement each other better, then Shaq just kind of runs his mouth a lot.

• yesser12 - Aug 26, 2014 at 3:58 PM

Chuck probably didn’t have time. I don’t see him as a guy that wants to sit in a booth and record. He responds off the real games. While Shaq usually uses his catch phrases. Ernie is the intro and highlight guy so that is easy to do. Kenny probably could have but he is busy too with running basketball camps and his daughter’s music.

7. money2long - Aug 25, 2014 at 7:47 PM

Loved the part of Kobe taunting on defense like, bring it son.

8. mackcarrington - Aug 25, 2014 at 8:00 PM

Shaq is as unfunny in video games as he is in real life.

9. rustyshackleford1 - Aug 25, 2014 at 9:49 PM

wiggins in the cavs huddle

10. presidentialpeter - Aug 25, 2014 at 10:03 PM

Nice to see at the 1:13 mark where LBJ is dunking on the best PG from the 2014 draft.

11. bobmcbigballs - Aug 25, 2014 at 11:19 PM

LBJ dunking on the player the Heat drafted for him, awesome

12. innovativethinking87 - Aug 25, 2014 at 11:36 PM

I like how they show the cut screens instead of the real game. It’s a big difference but still dope game

13. greej1938l - Aug 26, 2014 at 1:15 AM

Song makes the video more enjoyable for me than the material

14. jadaruler - Aug 26, 2014 at 6:24 AM

This game should sell out in Indianapolis. PG-13 will ball out this season on the game.

15. campcouch - Aug 26, 2014 at 8:39 AM

ha! did Kyle Lowry flop at 1:29?

16. DonRSD - Aug 26, 2014 at 12:41 PM

If only the NFL didn’t sell the rights to boring Madden.
    NFL2k was taking over video gaming with its SIM gameplay…..the same thing with NBA2k, SIM gameplay.

Haven’t bought a Madden since 09 and no desire to.

#BringBackNFL2k

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches