Aug 25, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
Kevin Love is hardly anonymous. A three-time All-Star, two-time All-NBA second teamer and gold medalist in the 2012 Olympics, Love has received plenty of recognition.
But playing in Minnesota, he’s flown under the radar more than a player of his stature would have elsewhere.
Now, joining LeBron James in Cleveland, Love will receive attention like never before.
Take this billboard going up in Cleveland (hat tip: Rick Grayshock of Waiting For Next Year):
Let’s be clear. This is just an advertisement. This is not the Cavaliers or Love doing anything to raise expectations.
But that will be the result.
As Love gains stature, the championship-or-bust talk that surrounded Cleveland since LeBron’s return will only intensify. Love has played like a superstar, and now he’s increasingly getting recognized as one. That comes with expectations.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 5
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 8
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4