Aug 25, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
Kevin Love is hardly anonymous. A three-time All-Star, two-time All-NBA second teamer and gold medalist in the 2012 Olympics, Love has received plenty of recognition.
But playing in Minnesota, he’s flown under the radar more than a player of his stature would have elsewhere.
Now, joining LeBron James in Cleveland, Love will receive attention like never before.
Take this billboard going up in Cleveland (hat tip: Rick Grayshock of Waiting For Next Year):
Let’s be clear. This is just an advertisement. This is not the Cavaliers or Love doing anything to raise expectations.
But that will be the result.
As Love gains stature, the championship-or-bust talk that surrounded Cleveland since LeBron’s return will only intensify. Love has played like a superstar, and now he’s increasingly getting recognized as one. That comes with expectations.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 10
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 9
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 8
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 13
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25