Aug 25, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
Kevin Love is hardly anonymous. A three-time All-Star, two-time All-NBA second teamer and gold medalist in the 2012 Olympics, Love has received plenty of recognition.
But playing in Minnesota, he’s flown under the radar more than a player of his stature would have elsewhere.
Now, joining LeBron James in Cleveland, Love will receive attention like never before.
Take this billboard going up in Cleveland (hat tip: Rick Grayshock of Waiting For Next Year):
Let’s be clear. This is just an advertisement. This is not the Cavaliers or Love doing anything to raise expectations.
But that will be the result.
As Love gains stature, the championship-or-bust talk that surrounded Cleveland since LeBron’s return will only intensify. Love has played like a superstar, and now he’s increasingly getting recognized as one. That comes with expectations.
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 19
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 7
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 34
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 24
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2