Aug 25, 2014, 2:44 PM EST
Kevin Love is hardly anonymous. A three-time All-Star, two-time All-NBA second teamer and gold medalist in the 2012 Olympics, Love has received plenty of recognition.
But playing in Minnesota, he’s flown under the radar more than a player of his stature would have elsewhere.
Now, joining LeBron James in Cleveland, Love will receive attention like never before.
Take this billboard going up in Cleveland (hat tip: Rick Grayshock of Waiting For Next Year):
Let’s be clear. This is just an advertisement. This is not the Cavaliers or Love doing anything to raise expectations.
But that will be the result.
As Love gains stature, the championship-or-bust talk that surrounded Cleveland since LeBron’s return will only intensify. Love has played like a superstar, and now he’s increasingly getting recognized as one. That comes with expectations.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 16
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 4
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11