Kevin Durant admits “Kazaam” was better than “Thunderstruck”

Aug 25, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT

kevin-durant-thunderstruck-movie-405x350

This is like trying to choose which is the worse television show, Jerry Springer or Maury Povich. There are no winners here.

Kevin Durant got ambushed by TMZ cameras when leaving a Beverly Hills restaurant over the weekend and shot down any attempt to discuss the Nike vs. Under Armour decision (and how that may have impacted his Team USA status).

Then when asked which was better, Shaquille O’Neal’s legendary disaster “Kazaam” or Durant’s own “Thunderstruck” (where KD’s skills get transfered to a kid in a bad “Big” rip off), Durant didn’t hesitate:

“Kazaam” was better.

He also said he had no plans to do another movie, “I play basketball.”

Yes. Well, not right now with Team USA, he pulled out of that commmittment, which brings us back to the Nike/Under Armour decision (no matter what KD says). But at least there are no more movies planned.

Except maybe by LeBron James.

1. ProBasketballPundit - Aug 25, 2014 at 9:53 AM

Isn’t LeBron supposed to be in Space Jam 2? Eh, who cares. There’s only one basketball movie anybody should care about and it stars Jesus Shuttlesworth.

• nfl4days - Aug 25, 2014 at 9:56 AM

That was fake

• bigmeechy74 - Aug 25, 2014 at 10:51 AM

almost everything you say sucks

• ProBasketballPundit - Aug 25, 2014 at 5:17 PM

blow me

• jonevans511 - Aug 25, 2014 at 1:22 PM

Blue Chips- great bball flick, no way anyone aged 6-26 when that movie came out didn’t like it (unless they didn’t care for bball altogether).
      Hoosiers- Regardless when you grew up, fans of the sport gotta respect this movie
      Space Jam- Say what you want, this came out at a time when MJ was on top of the world and kids my age at the time LOVED it. I’m sure some didn’t, but this movie literally resulted in people referring to the Retro 11’s as the Space Jams. Iconic movie if nothing else.

I’d keep going but good movies are in the eyes of the beholder so I’m sure no one cares about my opinions. If only Pundit realized the same thing.

• 00maltliquor - Aug 25, 2014 at 1:32 PM

Blue Chips was great.

• bougin89 - Aug 25, 2014 at 2:48 PM

I really like He Got Game but the movies you listed, particularly Hoosiers and Blue Chips were great as well.

This didn’t have the cinematic presence of other movies but Hoop Dreams was also pretty good.

• ProBasketballPundit - Aug 25, 2014 at 5:19 PM

Okay, jonevans511, I will watch Blue Chips and Hoosiers. I’ve been meaning to get around to Hoosiers for a while.

2. zerole00 - Aug 25, 2014 at 11:22 AM

Okay honestly, for a kid’s movie, is Shazaam really all that bad? Maybe it was just because I was a kid at the time, but I thought it was alright. From the perception of my adult self though? Yeah it’s awful now, but back then and in the 90’s it was decent.

• antistratfordian - Aug 25, 2014 at 12:33 PM

It was just because you were a kid at the time. Same reason everyone loves Space Jam, even though that stunk too. I wasn’t a kid anymore when those movies were released in 1996, but I wasn’t 20 yet either, and to me both of those films at the time were Charles Barkley turrible.

• zerole00 - Aug 25, 2014 at 4:08 PM

It was made for kids. If any critic goes to a kid’s movie expecting Inception style acting/plot, they need the stupid slapped out of them.

• antistratfordian - Aug 25, 2014 at 4:56 PM

I loved Iron Giant – that was made for kids. So was Home Alone, which I loved then and still love now. Just because it’s made for kids doesn’t mean it has to stink.

• genericcommenter - Aug 25, 2014 at 7:12 PM

I liked it,too- but I also used to sing along to the Fu Schnickens song.

3. senorpapino - Aug 25, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Povich. The results are in!!!

4. chiadam - Aug 25, 2014 at 7:14 PM

WTF is Thunderstruck?

• hwatt - Aug 26, 2014 at 2:30 AM

why do i have this urge to find this movie…why…

5. whealy86 - Aug 25, 2014 at 8:36 PM

Hoosiers
    Space jam
    The pistol
    He got game
    Blue Chips
    Coach carter was ok
    My all time favorite when I was a kid was The Sixth Man

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches