Aug 24, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Joel Embiid isn’t likely to play for the Sixers this season due to injury, but he’s making the most of his newly-drafted NBA status nonetheless.
Embiid has been hilarious on Twitter all summer long, at least by professional athlete standards. He recruited LeBron James in free agency then blocked him after not receiving any response. He attempted to court both Kim Kardashian and Rhianna, and was voted as the funniest rookie by his peers in the league’s annual survey.
Embiid has also seemed to take a liking to fellow rookie (and former teammate at Kansas) Andrew Wiggins.
Now that the trade that sent Wiggins to Minnesota has become official, Embiid reached out with some potentially prescient, yet comical advice.
— Joel SHMURDA Embiid (@JoelEmbiid) August 23, 2014
Kobe Bryant, of course, similarly never played for the team that originally drafted him, but went on to become one of the greatest players in NBA history.
This also isn’t the first time Embiid has used Wiggins for assistance in delivering a punchline.
When she hits you with a nude and a video you weren’t expecting considering she said she would never send one pic.twitter.com/DDXoTJV5oR
— Joel SHMURDA Embiid (@JoelEmbiid) August 19, 2014
Things may change significantly once the season starts, of course, when rehabilitation will (or at least should) become Embiid’s primary focus — so let’s just enjoy the ride as long as it lasts.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18