Aug 24, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Joel Embiid isn’t likely to play for the Sixers this season due to injury, but he’s making the most of his newly-drafted NBA status nonetheless.
Embiid has been hilarious on Twitter all summer long, at least by professional athlete standards. He recruited LeBron James in free agency then blocked him after not receiving any response. He attempted to court both Kim Kardashian and Rhianna, and was voted as the funniest rookie by his peers in the league’s annual survey.
Embiid has also seemed to take a liking to fellow rookie (and former teammate at Kansas) Andrew Wiggins.
Now that the trade that sent Wiggins to Minnesota has become official, Embiid reached out with some potentially prescient, yet comical advice.
— Joel SHMURDA Embiid (@JoelEmbiid) August 23, 2014
Kobe Bryant, of course, similarly never played for the team that originally drafted him, but went on to become one of the greatest players in NBA history.
This also isn’t the first time Embiid has used Wiggins for assistance in delivering a punchline.
When she hits you with a nude and a video you weren’t expecting considering she said she would never send one pic.twitter.com/DDXoTJV5oR
— Joel SHMURDA Embiid (@JoelEmbiid) August 19, 2014
Things may change significantly once the season starts, of course, when rehabilitation will (or at least should) become Embiid’s primary focus — so let’s just enjoy the ride as long as it lasts.
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 10
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 8
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 54
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 10