Aug 24, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Joel Embiid isn’t likely to play for the Sixers this season due to injury, but he’s making the most of his newly-drafted NBA status nonetheless.
Embiid has been hilarious on Twitter all summer long, at least by professional athlete standards. He recruited LeBron James in free agency then blocked him after not receiving any response. He attempted to court both Kim Kardashian and Rhianna, and was voted as the funniest rookie by his peers in the league’s annual survey.
Embiid has also seemed to take a liking to fellow rookie (and former teammate at Kansas) Andrew Wiggins.
Now that the trade that sent Wiggins to Minnesota has become official, Embiid reached out with some potentially prescient, yet comical advice.
— Joel SHMURDA Embiid (@JoelEmbiid) August 23, 2014
Kobe Bryant, of course, similarly never played for the team that originally drafted him, but went on to become one of the greatest players in NBA history.
This also isn’t the first time Embiid has used Wiggins for assistance in delivering a punchline.
When she hits you with a nude and a video you weren’t expecting considering she said she would never send one pic.twitter.com/DDXoTJV5oR
— Joel SHMURDA Embiid (@JoelEmbiid) August 19, 2014
Things may change significantly once the season starts, of course, when rehabilitation will (or at least should) become Embiid’s primary focus — so let’s just enjoy the ride as long as it lasts.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 16
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 20
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 15
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9