LeBron James is excited to bring powder toss back to Cleveland (VIDEO)

Aug 24, 2014, 11:00 PM EST

lebron-cavs-chalk Getty Images

As the summer wears on, LeBron James seems to be getting more and more excited about returning to the court to play for the Cleveland Cavaliers.

James posted some photos of his new teammates on Saturday once the Kevin Love trade became official, and a day later, he seems ready to bring back his pregame powder toss ritual back to showcase in front of his hometown fans.

“I swear I can’t wait for this moment again!! #TheLand #PowderFillsTheRoom #StriveForGreatness,” the caption read.

That’s obviously a video game reenactment, and James has gone back and forth with this practice throughout his career. It seems, though, that just as he was ready to return to Cleveland, he’s equally ready to embrace all that endeared him to fans there during his first stint with the franchise.

1. ProBasketballPundit - Aug 24, 2014 at 11:04 PM

I’m excited too! Just started my new 2K14 season with updated rosters and man can Kyrie ball. I must shoot like 15 free throws a game with him. Love cleans up all my boards and gets the fast break started and LeBron does everything else.

• charlessb - Aug 24, 2014 at 11:12 PM

are you on ps4 or xbox one? I’m on xbox 360 and it always say “synchronizing data” but rosters are the same. also in your experiences whats the most someone has ever put up with dwade on you. just dropped 39 with him today haha

• mackcarrington - Aug 25, 2014 at 1:53 AM

Take it to the gaming mags.

• phaden27 - Aug 25, 2014 at 2:38 AM

Stuff yourself. Better than talking about politics or other BS.

• mackcarrington - Aug 25, 2014 at 2:16 PM

Get off my lawn!!

2. jasper36 - Aug 24, 2014 at 11:06 PM

And Cleveland is glad to bring Salad Toss back to LeBron.

3. charlessb - Aug 24, 2014 at 11:10 PM

im glad he’s bring it back, it got so boring with lebron’s boring salutes and handshakes…hoping the starting line up joins him

4. tigerpork - Aug 24, 2014 at 11:13 PM

Kevin Garnett started the powder toss 15 years ago.

• asimonetti88 - Aug 25, 2014 at 1:02 AM

Not sure why people are thumbing this down. KG did do it before LeBron

• clevelandrox - Aug 25, 2014 at 1:10 AM

and MJ did it before KG…

• antistratfordian - Aug 25, 2014 at 1:34 AM

No. KG and MJ just patted their hands with powder – they didn’t throw it up in the air and turn it into a big show. That’s all James.

• money2long - Aug 25, 2014 at 2:11 AM

You’re amazing.

• antistratfordian - Aug 25, 2014 at 4:26 AM

Thank you, I know.

• 00maltliquor - Aug 25, 2014 at 4:02 AM

@ money2

I know right!? I can’t tell if he’s dead ahss or if he’s just trolling brilliantly to perfection! I’m not even sure I even want to know the truth, the mystique of it all is what makes it all come together.

Either way, I love it and get a good kick out of it!

• antistratfordian - Aug 25, 2014 at 4:47 AM

@money2long
        @00maltliquor

What are you two jokers going on about? What world do you guys live in where you think MJ did anything remotely close to what LeBron does? This is what MJ did:

That’s MJ’s powder routine. That’s it. There’s nothing more to it. He patted some chalk in his hands. I took that picture for you guys out of Rare Air, btw – it’s a 21 year old book. Probably older than both of you.

People didn’t use the term “powder toss” with MJ because… wait for it… HE NEVER TOSSED POWDER IN THE AIR. Wow! No wonder!

What MJ (and KG) did and what LeBron does are two COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THINGS, you brainiacs.

• 00maltliquor - Aug 25, 2014 at 12:34 PM

@ my dude anti

Lol! We’re not even talking about the powder. At least I’m not doubting you on that, you’re right. It’s just everything as a whole…kinda hard to explain and has nothing to do with the article so imma leave it alone. Keep doing you bro! Middle finga to all these haters with guns a blazin! Lol

• antistratfordian - Aug 25, 2014 at 4:46 PM

Well that’s what I like to hear. Very well. Carry on.

• sportsfan18 - Aug 25, 2014 at 7:22 AM

nah, that was just steam coming from his ears due to being mad, mean etc…

• ProBasketballPundit - Aug 25, 2014 at 9:34 AM

I agree with you and I’m certain I’ve seen him toss it in the air… but video evidence is nowhere to be found. It seems like what Kevin Garnett did is more of a powder throw onto the people at the scorer’s table.

5. succulentnipples - Aug 24, 2014 at 11:36 PM

Big John Football can throw powder.

• 00maltliquor - Aug 25, 2014 at 2:10 AM

More like sniff it in the bathroom…

6. seasickcecil - Aug 24, 2014 at 11:47 PM

I’m excited he’s excited.

• antistratfordian - Aug 25, 2014 at 1:59 AM

I hated when he stopped doing it. But in Miami Wade had his pregame thing where he would pull himself up on the rims and go around pumping people up and LeBron had to do his powder toss at the same time and it just never had the same impact as it did in Cleveland. But I’m glad it’s back.

• balsagna - Aug 25, 2014 at 6:56 AM

Yea because there were 12 people in the arena when he did it.

7. canucks30 - Aug 25, 2014 at 12:05 AM

Will they bring back the giant “We Are All Witnesses” billboard too?

• antistratfordian - Aug 25, 2014 at 1:56 AM

Probably some huge billboard for his new shoe release and a fresh new slogan.

• Bob Loblaw - Aug 25, 2014 at 1:47 PM

Yes, but it will be written in Comic Sans font.

8. csbanter - Aug 25, 2014 at 12:40 AM

Who wouldn’t be excited to join a team with all stars under 25, sure beats that old jalopy(Wade) and his aching knees in Miami ? Can’t wait for the KLove press conference when he states how he always wanted to play for Cleveland.

• sportsfan18 - Aug 25, 2014 at 8:36 AM

all stars under 25

LBJ is 29 right now

K Love turns 26 before the season even starts

Kyrie is an all star who is below 25

9. clevelandrox - Aug 25, 2014 at 12:53 AM

AWWW SNAP!… lets get this thang cracking…

10. fearthehoody - Aug 25, 2014 at 1:13 AM

Wow! He is the most insecure secure person ever! He is not in it for you Cleveland. He loves himself so much, he couldn’t stand 3/4 of fans hating him. Then he sees Money Manziel become Cleveland’s next idol, and he can’t take that, it pushes him over the edge. This is not about Cleveland, its about one mans giant ego!

11. antistratfordian - Aug 25, 2014 at 1:31 AM

Yeah, I can’t wait. It is going to be epic.

12. campcouch - Aug 25, 2014 at 1:50 AM

I’m sure pre-Decision LeBron could’ve burned down the waterfront, ran over a dozen nuns, then did that powder toss and all he would have received was a finger wag for shenanigans.

13. shawtiernan - Aug 25, 2014 at 2:07 AM

MJs was more similar than you’re making out. He forcibly and purposefully poured a crapton on his hands and clapped ridiculous hard so as to get it all over the people sitting at the announcers and scorers tables. While Lebron takes that ridiculousness to epic proportions, there is little doubt the idea stemmed from watching MJ do it and wanting to put his own flair to it.

• 00maltliquor - Aug 25, 2014 at 2:38 AM

He got it from B Powder from How High.

• blueintown - Aug 25, 2014 at 7:05 AM

…hard so as to get it all over Johnny “Red” Kerr at the announcers table.

FTFY

14. ironyisadeadscene - Aug 25, 2014 at 7:09 AM

I’m pretty sure antistradfordian had a lebron james real doll made and he’s in bed with it right now

• zoomy123 - Aug 25, 2014 at 7:48 AM

Why do people make so many homoerotic/homophobic jokes about other men? That’s weird and creepy. I can’t be the only one who feels that way…

Could Sixers be worst team in NBA history?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches