Aug 24, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
If we’re being completely honest, there are few who are qualified to identify what are truly the top plays of Kevin Love‘s career with the Timberwolves.
Unless you were the team’s beat writer during the six years he played there, one of the team’s relatively few die-hard fans or a season ticket holder, you probably haven’t suffered through every game of Love’s career in Minnesota, considering how bad the team was during that time.
But the fine folks at the NBA did their best to put together a compilation of Love’s top plays, so, here we are. The ones selected seem to fall in line with what we’ve come to expect from Love — the ability to hit contested threes, drive for slam dunks, and throw length-of-the-court outlet passes with precision.
Love no longer has to do it on his own now that he’s a member of the Cavaliers, but this reel is a reminder of just what he’s capable of, and why Cleveland didn’t hesitate for a moment to part with the top overall picks of the last two drafts in order to obtain his services.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 22
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49