Aug 24, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
If we’re being completely honest, there are few who are qualified to identify what are truly the top plays of Kevin Love‘s career with the Timberwolves.
Unless you were the team’s beat writer during the six years he played there, one of the team’s relatively few die-hard fans or a season ticket holder, you probably haven’t suffered through every game of Love’s career in Minnesota, considering how bad the team was during that time.
But the fine folks at the NBA did their best to put together a compilation of Love’s top plays, so, here we are. The ones selected seem to fall in line with what we’ve come to expect from Love — the ability to hit contested threes, drive for slam dunks, and throw length-of-the-court outlet passes with precision.
Love no longer has to do it on his own now that he’s a member of the Cavaliers, but this reel is a reminder of just what he’s capable of, and why Cleveland didn’t hesitate for a moment to part with the top overall picks of the last two drafts in order to obtain his services.
- Wesley Matthews’ injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 11
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 4
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14