Aug 23, 2014, 10:59 AM EDT
The details have been agreed to in principle for some time now on the trade that would send Kevin Love from the Timberwolves to the Cavaliers, in exchange for a package that would include Andrew Wiggins and Anthony Bennett from Cleveland, along with Thaddeus Young coming over as part of the three-team trade from the Sixers.
The deal couldn’t be completed officially until Aug. 23, or 30 days following the signing of Wiggins to his rookie contract. But once the clock hit 12:01 a.m. ET on Saturday, announcing the details would appear to be fair game.
So, that’s what the Timberwolves did.
— John Shipley (@johnDshipley) August 23, 2014
“Fierce. Focused. And ready to pounce,” the ad reads. “Meet the next generation of Wolves basketball.”
It’ll be interesting to see whether or not the league sees this as a finable offense, considering that the deal has not yet been formally approved, or officially announced as having been completed.
But either way, Minnesota is clearly excited about the haul it received in exchange for its best player forcing his way out of town, and wanted to share the news just as quickly as the team felt it was appropriate to do so.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 27
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 40
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4