Aug 23, 2014, 10:59 AM EDT
The details have been agreed to in principle for some time now on the trade that would send Kevin Love from the Timberwolves to the Cavaliers, in exchange for a package that would include Andrew Wiggins and Anthony Bennett from Cleveland, along with Thaddeus Young coming over as part of the three-team trade from the Sixers.
The deal couldn’t be completed officially until Aug. 23, or 30 days following the signing of Wiggins to his rookie contract. But once the clock hit 12:01 a.m. ET on Saturday, announcing the details would appear to be fair game.
So, that’s what the Timberwolves did.
— John Shipley (@johnDshipley) August 23, 2014
“Fierce. Focused. And ready to pounce,” the ad reads. “Meet the next generation of Wolves basketball.”
It’ll be interesting to see whether or not the league sees this as a finable offense, considering that the deal has not yet been formally approved, or officially announced as having been completed.
But either way, Minnesota is clearly excited about the haul it received in exchange for its best player forcing his way out of town, and wanted to share the news just as quickly as the team felt it was appropriate to do so.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 0
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 8
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 4
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 2
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 5
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3