Aug 23, 2014, 10:59 AM EST
The details have been agreed to in principle for some time now on the trade that would send Kevin Love from the Timberwolves to the Cavaliers, in exchange for a package that would include Andrew Wiggins and Anthony Bennett from Cleveland, along with Thaddeus Young coming over as part of the three-team trade from the Sixers.
The deal couldn’t be completed officially until Aug. 23, or 30 days following the signing of Wiggins to his rookie contract. But once the clock hit 12:01 a.m. ET on Saturday, announcing the details would appear to be fair game.
So, that’s what the Timberwolves did.
— John Shipley (@johnDshipley) August 23, 2014
“Fierce. Focused. And ready to pounce,” the ad reads. “Meet the next generation of Wolves basketball.”
It’ll be interesting to see whether or not the league sees this as a finable offense, considering that the deal has not yet been formally approved, or officially announced as having been completed.
But either way, Minnesota is clearly excited about the haul it received in exchange for its best player forcing his way out of town, and wanted to share the news just as quickly as the team felt it was appropriate to do so.
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Cavaliers shouldn’t hit panic button, may want to locate it 0
- Carmelo Anthony sits out second half vs. Portland with sore knee 2
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 29
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 16
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 15
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 30
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 22
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 12