Aug 23, 2014, 10:59 AM EDT
The details have been agreed to in principle for some time now on the trade that would send Kevin Love from the Timberwolves to the Cavaliers, in exchange for a package that would include Andrew Wiggins and Anthony Bennett from Cleveland, along with Thaddeus Young coming over as part of the three-team trade from the Sixers.
The deal couldn’t be completed officially until Aug. 23, or 30 days following the signing of Wiggins to his rookie contract. But once the clock hit 12:01 a.m. ET on Saturday, announcing the details would appear to be fair game.
So, that’s what the Timberwolves did.
— John Shipley (@johnDshipley) August 23, 2014
“Fierce. Focused. And ready to pounce,” the ad reads. “Meet the next generation of Wolves basketball.”
It’ll be interesting to see whether or not the league sees this as a finable offense, considering that the deal has not yet been formally approved, or officially announced as having been completed.
But either way, Minnesota is clearly excited about the haul it received in exchange for its best player forcing his way out of town, and wanted to share the news just as quickly as the team felt it was appropriate to do so.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 0
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 32
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 47
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 16
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 9
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11