Aug 23, 2014, 10:59 AM EST
The details have been agreed to in principle for some time now on the trade that would send Kevin Love from the Timberwolves to the Cavaliers, in exchange for a package that would include Andrew Wiggins and Anthony Bennett from Cleveland, along with Thaddeus Young coming over as part of the three-team trade from the Sixers.
The deal couldn’t be completed officially until Aug. 23, or 30 days following the signing of Wiggins to his rookie contract. But once the clock hit 12:01 a.m. ET on Saturday, announcing the details would appear to be fair game.
So, that’s what the Timberwolves did.
— John Shipley (@johnDshipley) August 23, 2014
“Fierce. Focused. And ready to pounce,” the ad reads. “Meet the next generation of Wolves basketball.”
It’ll be interesting to see whether or not the league sees this as a finable offense, considering that the deal has not yet been formally approved, or officially announced as having been completed.
But either way, Minnesota is clearly excited about the haul it received in exchange for its best player forcing his way out of town, and wanted to share the news just as quickly as the team felt it was appropriate to do so.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30