Aug 23, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
LeBron James fell into the latter category on Saturday, and took to Instagram to welcome his new teammate to what he calls “The Land.”
The “going home” narrative is nice and all, but if the Cavaliers were about to field a roster that more closely resembled that of the Sixers than one immediately able to contend for a title, don’t think for a moment that LeBron wouldn’t have delayed his return to Cleveland until a team more ready to win was already assembled.
One note of minor interest here, which is that LeBron has Shawn Marion (who has also agreed to come to Cleveland) rocking the number zero on his Cavs jersey, which is what he’s been wearing in Dallas for the last five seasons.
That won’t be happening with the Cavaliers, however, as Kevin Love has claimed that jersey number for himself.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 7
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 5
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 6
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 10