Aug 23, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
LeBron James fell into the latter category on Saturday, and took to Instagram to welcome his new teammate to what he calls “The Land.”
The “going home” narrative is nice and all, but if the Cavaliers were about to field a roster that more closely resembled that of the Sixers than one immediately able to contend for a title, don’t think for a moment that LeBron wouldn’t have delayed his return to Cleveland until a team more ready to win was already assembled.
One note of minor interest here, which is that LeBron has Shawn Marion (who has also agreed to come to Cleveland) rocking the number zero on his Cavs jersey, which is what he’s been wearing in Dallas for the last five seasons.
That won’t be happening with the Cavaliers, however, as Kevin Love has claimed that jersey number for himself.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 24
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 27
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8