Aug 23, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
LeBron James fell into the latter category on Saturday, and took to Instagram to welcome his new teammate to what he calls “The Land.”
The “going home” narrative is nice and all, but if the Cavaliers were about to field a roster that more closely resembled that of the Sixers than one immediately able to contend for a title, don’t think for a moment that LeBron wouldn’t have delayed his return to Cleveland until a team more ready to win was already assembled.
One note of minor interest here, which is that LeBron has Shawn Marion (who has also agreed to come to Cleveland) rocking the number zero on his Cavs jersey, which is what he’s been wearing in Dallas for the last five seasons.
That won’t be happening with the Cavaliers, however, as Kevin Love has claimed that jersey number for himself.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 8
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 9
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 59
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 65
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 41
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8