Aug 23, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
LeBron James fell into the latter category on Saturday, and took to Instagram to welcome his new teammate to what he calls “The Land.”
The “going home” narrative is nice and all, but if the Cavaliers were about to field a roster that more closely resembled that of the Sixers than one immediately able to contend for a title, don’t think for a moment that LeBron wouldn’t have delayed his return to Cleveland until a team more ready to win was already assembled.
One note of minor interest here, which is that LeBron has Shawn Marion (who has also agreed to come to Cleveland) rocking the number zero on his Cavs jersey, which is what he’s been wearing in Dallas for the last five seasons.
That won’t be happening with the Cavaliers, however, as Kevin Love has claimed that jersey number for himself.
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 0
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 23
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 45
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 54
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23