Aug 23, 2014, 7:15 PM EST
LeBron James fell into the latter category on Saturday, and took to Instagram to welcome his new teammate to what he calls “The Land.”
The “going home” narrative is nice and all, but if the Cavaliers were about to field a roster that more closely resembled that of the Sixers than one immediately able to contend for a title, don’t think for a moment that LeBron wouldn’t have delayed his return to Cleveland until a team more ready to win was already assembled.
One note of minor interest here, which is that LeBron has Shawn Marion (who has also agreed to come to Cleveland) rocking the number zero on his Cavs jersey, which is what he’s been wearing in Dallas for the last five seasons.
That won’t be happening with the Cavaliers, however, as Kevin Love has claimed that jersey number for himself.
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 47
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 14
- Report: Danny Ainge telling other teams he won’t trade Rajon Rondo 13
- PBT Extra: How would the NBA benefit from legalized sports betting? 2
- NBPA ready to appeal Jeffery Taylor’s 24-game suspension 12
- Alex Len, No. 5 pick in a draft full of players who looked like busts as rookies, showing he doesn’t deserve the label 5