Aug 22, 2014, 10:35 AM EDT
By NBA standards that’s not even a travel.
The “Greak freak” Giannis Antetokounmpo is playing for the Greek national team this summer heading into the World Cup in Spain and he had 12 points Wednesday his team’s 70-56 win against Turkey. But this was by far the most spectacular of them.
Antetokounmpo steals a pass near the free throw line and takes off in a one-man break — and only dribbles twice before throwing it down.
That extra step before the dunk would be legal in the NBA, however he carries the ball and gets away with it.
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 18
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10