Aug 22, 2014, 10:35 AM EDT
By NBA standards that’s not even a travel.
The “Greak freak” Giannis Antetokounmpo is playing for the Greek national team this summer heading into the World Cup in Spain and he had 12 points Wednesday his team’s 70-56 win against Turkey. But this was by far the most spectacular of them.
Antetokounmpo steals a pass near the free throw line and takes off in a one-man break — and only dribbles twice before throwing it down.
That extra step before the dunk would be legal in the NBA, however he carries the ball and gets away with it.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18