Aug 22, 2014, 9:15 AM EST
Donald Sterling didn’t pay off V. Stiviano in the first place, and it cost him his reputation, the Clippers and maybe eventually his marriage.
In the new docs, Stiviano argues that the items in question were given to her in exchange for being Donald’s “beard” — and she insists Shelly knew about it.
Stiviano states … she was “not ever a sexual partner of Donald T. Sterling” and “believes that [Sterling] is a homosexual and enjoys sexual acts and or sexual congress with males.”
In the legal doc, filed in L.A. County Superior Court, Stiviano says Shelly was “acutely aware of [Donald’s] sexual orientation and condoned same as well as acknowledged and approved [Donald’s] gifts of money [to Stiviano].”
If Sterling is gay, fine. It changes nothing relevant about his legal standing with the NBA. This probably isn’t how he would want to come out, tough, which is why I say he’s getting dirtied in this saga. There’s nothing impure if Sterling were gay.
If Sterling is gay, there is a laundry list of evidence pointing to the contrary.
King said Sterling had agreed to pay her $10,000 a month but “dangled money only if she would have sex with him.”
“He confided in her that he had difficulty having sexual relations and that he was bored with V.,” according to the lawsuit.
“Sterling touched her in ways that made her uncomfortable and asked her to visit friends of his for sex. Sterling also repeatedly ordered her to find massage therapists to service him sexually, telling her, ‘I want someone who will, you know, let me put it in or who [will] suck on it.’”
A Well, I fool around sometimes. I do. When a girl seduces me and tells me all of these hot stories and dirty things and tells me how much she wants to suck on me and takes my shoes off and licks my feet and touches me.
When I’m in a limousine, she takes all of her clothes. The limo driver said, what is going on? And she started sucking me on the way to Mr. Koon’s house. And I thank her. I thank her for making me feel good.
Q Sir, the question was, is this your handwriting?
Essentially, Stiviano wants to keep the assets Donald Sterling gave her – even though Shelly Sterling is suing the mistress/beard/whatever you want to call her. If Donald gifted Stiviano community property shared legally with Shelly, that’s one thing. If Donald paid Stiviano for services (acting as a beard), that’s something else.
It definitely seems more likely Stiviano is spinning a yarn than Sterling is gay, but I don’t know. I know Stiviano is trying come out ahead of this financially, and this could be a last-ditch chance to do so.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 0
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 3
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 10
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13