Aug 22, 2014, 9:15 AM EDT
Donald Sterling didn’t pay off V. Stiviano in the first place, and it cost him his reputation, the Clippers and maybe eventually his marriage.
In the new docs, Stiviano argues that the items in question were given to her in exchange for being Donald’s “beard” — and she insists Shelly knew about it.
Stiviano states … she was “not ever a sexual partner of Donald T. Sterling” and “believes that [Sterling] is a homosexual and enjoys sexual acts and or sexual congress with males.”
In the legal doc, filed in L.A. County Superior Court, Stiviano says Shelly was “acutely aware of [Donald’s] sexual orientation and condoned same as well as acknowledged and approved [Donald’s] gifts of money [to Stiviano].”
If Sterling is gay, fine. It changes nothing relevant about his legal standing with the NBA. This probably isn’t how he would want to come out, tough, which is why I say he’s getting dirtied in this saga. There’s nothing impure if Sterling were gay.
If Sterling is gay, there is a laundry list of evidence pointing to the contrary.
King said Sterling had agreed to pay her $10,000 a month but “dangled money only if she would have sex with him.”
“He confided in her that he had difficulty having sexual relations and that he was bored with V.,” according to the lawsuit.
“Sterling touched her in ways that made her uncomfortable and asked her to visit friends of his for sex. Sterling also repeatedly ordered her to find massage therapists to service him sexually, telling her, ‘I want someone who will, you know, let me put it in or who [will] suck on it.’”
A Well, I fool around sometimes. I do. When a girl seduces me and tells me all of these hot stories and dirty things and tells me how much she wants to suck on me and takes my shoes off and licks my feet and touches me.
When I’m in a limousine, she takes all of her clothes. The limo driver said, what is going on? And she started sucking me on the way to Mr. Koon’s house. And I thank her. I thank her for making me feel good.
Q Sir, the question was, is this your handwriting?
Essentially, Stiviano wants to keep the assets Donald Sterling gave her – even though Shelly Sterling is suing the mistress/beard/whatever you want to call her. If Donald gifted Stiviano community property shared legally with Shelly, that’s one thing. If Donald paid Stiviano for services (acting as a beard), that’s something else.
It definitely seems more likely Stiviano is spinning a yarn than Sterling is gay, but I don’t know. I know Stiviano is trying come out ahead of this financially, and this could be a last-ditch chance to do so.
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 24
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 9
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 35
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 16
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 33
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1