Aug 22, 2014, 3:01 PM EDT
When Mark Jackson was fired as Warriors head coach shortly following the end of the season, it was only partially due to basketball reasons.
Golden State didn’t necessarily underachieve during his reign, and in fact, Jackson deserves some credit for changing the culture of the team to that with a winning mindset. But clashes with management and assistant coaches ultimately sealed his fate.
The players, though, were all-in on Jackson’s motivational style — and Stephen Curry still seems as though he’s not too happy with the team’s decision to let Jackson go.
Speaking at an event in New York this week to promote the latest release of NBA2K, Curry admits that Jackson’s firing was hard to deal with – – and appears to be a little bit bummed about the fact that Jackson will no longer be his head coach.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 0
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 15
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 77
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 57
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19