Aug 22, 2014, 3:01 PM EDT
When Mark Jackson was fired as Warriors head coach shortly following the end of the season, it was only partially due to basketball reasons.
Golden State didn’t necessarily underachieve during his reign, and in fact, Jackson deserves some credit for changing the culture of the team to that with a winning mindset. But clashes with management and assistant coaches ultimately sealed his fate.
The players, though, were all-in on Jackson’s motivational style — and Stephen Curry still seems as though he’s not too happy with the team’s decision to let Jackson go.
Speaking at an event in New York this week to promote the latest release of NBA2K, Curry admits that Jackson’s firing was hard to deal with – – and appears to be a little bit bummed about the fact that Jackson will no longer be his head coach.
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 1
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 12
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10