Aug 22, 2014, 3:01 PM EDT
When Mark Jackson was fired as Warriors head coach shortly following the end of the season, it was only partially due to basketball reasons.
Golden State didn’t necessarily underachieve during his reign, and in fact, Jackson deserves some credit for changing the culture of the team to that with a winning mindset. But clashes with management and assistant coaches ultimately sealed his fate.
The players, though, were all-in on Jackson’s motivational style — and Stephen Curry still seems as though he’s not too happy with the team’s decision to let Jackson go.
Speaking at an event in New York this week to promote the latest release of NBA2K, Curry admits that Jackson’s firing was hard to deal with – – and appears to be a little bit bummed about the fact that Jackson will no longer be his head coach.
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16