Bulls’ Doug McDermott’s can’t sing, tries to lead Cubs’ fans in “Take Me Out To The Ballgame” anyway
Aug 22, 2014, 11:08 AM EDT
Bulls fans are going to love Doug McDermott.
Not for his singing.
The Bulls’ rookie who had a strong Summer League and likely ends up getting some decent minutes this season took on the Chicago tradition of leading Cubs fans at Wrigley Field in a seventh inning stretch rendition of “Take Me Out To The Ballgame.”
Did I mention he can’t sing. That was brutal. Lesson number one of the NBA rookie — learn your limits. Singing is not in his wheelhouse.
On the court he’s going to be a good fit in Chicago. My observations from Las Vegas Summer League is he works very hard off the ball to get open and has a good sense of where the holes in the defense are. He can shoot from anywhere. He’s better than people think at putting the ball on the floor, getting inside and drawing contact. He’s a bit undersized for an NBA stretch four and defense is going to be his challenge.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 8
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 42
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11