Bulls’ Doug McDermott’s can’t sing, tries to lead Cubs’ fans in “Take Me Out To The Ballgame” anyway
Aug 22, 2014, 11:08 AM EDT
Bulls fans are going to love Doug McDermott.
Not for his singing.
The Bulls’ rookie who had a strong Summer League and likely ends up getting some decent minutes this season took on the Chicago tradition of leading Cubs fans at Wrigley Field in a seventh inning stretch rendition of “Take Me Out To The Ballgame.”
Did I mention he can’t sing. That was brutal. Lesson number one of the NBA rookie — learn your limits. Singing is not in his wheelhouse.
On the court he’s going to be a good fit in Chicago. My observations from Las Vegas Summer League is he works very hard off the ball to get open and has a good sense of where the holes in the defense are. He can shoot from anywhere. He’s better than people think at putting the ball on the floor, getting inside and drawing contact. He’s a bit undersized for an NBA stretch four and defense is going to be his challenge.
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 6
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 10
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 18
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 27
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 6
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 90