Bulls’ Doug McDermott’s can’t sing, tries to lead Cubs’ fans in “Take Me Out To The Ballgame” anyway
Aug 22, 2014, 11:08 AM EST
Bulls fans are going to love Doug McDermott.
Not for his singing.
The Bulls’ rookie who had a strong Summer League and likely ends up getting some decent minutes this season took on the Chicago tradition of leading Cubs fans at Wrigley Field in a seventh inning stretch rendition of “Take Me Out To The Ballgame.”
Did I mention he can’t sing. That was brutal. Lesson number one of the NBA rookie — learn your limits. Singing is not in his wheelhouse.
On the court he’s going to be a good fit in Chicago. My observations from Las Vegas Summer League is he works very hard off the ball to get open and has a good sense of where the holes in the defense are. He can shoot from anywhere. He’s better than people think at putting the ball on the floor, getting inside and drawing contact. He’s a bit undersized for an NBA stretch four and defense is going to be his challenge.
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 1
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 2
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8