Bulls’ Doug McDermott’s can’t sing, tries to lead Cubs’ fans in “Take Me Out To The Ballgame” anyway
Aug 22, 2014, 11:08 AM EDT
Bulls fans are going to love Doug McDermott.
Not for his singing.
The Bulls’ rookie who had a strong Summer League and likely ends up getting some decent minutes this season took on the Chicago tradition of leading Cubs fans at Wrigley Field in a seventh inning stretch rendition of “Take Me Out To The Ballgame.”
Did I mention he can’t sing. That was brutal. Lesson number one of the NBA rookie — learn your limits. Singing is not in his wheelhouse.
On the court he’s going to be a good fit in Chicago. My observations from Las Vegas Summer League is he works very hard off the ball to get open and has a good sense of where the holes in the defense are. He can shoot from anywhere. He’s better than people think at putting the ball on the floor, getting inside and drawing contact. He’s a bit undersized for an NBA stretch four and defense is going to be his challenge.
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 0
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 16
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 58
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 82
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5