Aug 22, 2014, 7:50 PM EST
Andre Drummond has been widely assumed to be one of the eventual cuts from the USA Basketball roster, as the team moves from the 16 players it currently has in place to the 12 that are allowed for FIBA World Cup competition.
That decision got more difficult with the way Drummond performed in USA’s rout of the Dominican Republic, where he scored 16 points and grabbed 12 rebounds once given the opportunity to perform, after receiving a DNP-CD in the team’s previous exhibition contest against Brazil.
But whether Drummond ultimately makes the quad or he doesn’t, he’s getting some valuable coaching along the way — some of which is detailed in the video clip above.
[via Zach Harper at EOB]
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 11
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13