Aug 22, 2014, 7:50 PM EDT
Andre Drummond has been widely assumed to be one of the eventual cuts from the USA Basketball roster, as the team moves from the 16 players it currently has in place to the 12 that are allowed for FIBA World Cup competition.
That decision got more difficult with the way Drummond performed in USA’s rout of the Dominican Republic, where he scored 16 points and grabbed 12 rebounds once given the opportunity to perform, after receiving a DNP-CD in the team’s previous exhibition contest against Brazil.
But whether Drummond ultimately makes the quad or he doesn’t, he’s getting some valuable coaching along the way — some of which is detailed in the video clip above.
[via Zach Harper at EOB]
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 20
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10