Aug 22, 2014, 7:50 PM EDT
Andre Drummond has been widely assumed to be one of the eventual cuts from the USA Basketball roster, as the team moves from the 16 players it currently has in place to the 12 that are allowed for FIBA World Cup competition.
That decision got more difficult with the way Drummond performed in USA’s rout of the Dominican Republic, where he scored 16 points and grabbed 12 rebounds once given the opportunity to perform, after receiving a DNP-CD in the team’s previous exhibition contest against Brazil.
But whether Drummond ultimately makes the quad or he doesn’t, he’s getting some valuable coaching along the way — some of which is detailed in the video clip above.
[via Zach Harper at EOB]
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 13
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 9
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15