Aug 22, 2014, 7:50 PM EST
Andre Drummond has been widely assumed to be one of the eventual cuts from the USA Basketball roster, as the team moves from the 16 players it currently has in place to the 12 that are allowed for FIBA World Cup competition.
That decision got more difficult with the way Drummond performed in USA’s rout of the Dominican Republic, where he scored 16 points and grabbed 12 rebounds once given the opportunity to perform, after receiving a DNP-CD in the team’s previous exhibition contest against Brazil.
But whether Drummond ultimately makes the quad or he doesn’t, he’s getting some valuable coaching along the way — some of which is detailed in the video clip above.
[via Zach Harper at EOB]
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 24
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 15
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 29
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 9
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7