Aug 22, 2014, 7:50 PM EDT
Andre Drummond has been widely assumed to be one of the eventual cuts from the USA Basketball roster, as the team moves from the 16 players it currently has in place to the 12 that are allowed for FIBA World Cup competition.
That decision got more difficult with the way Drummond performed in USA’s rout of the Dominican Republic, where he scored 16 points and grabbed 12 rebounds once given the opportunity to perform, after receiving a DNP-CD in the team’s previous exhibition contest against Brazil.
But whether Drummond ultimately makes the quad or he doesn’t, he’s getting some valuable coaching along the way — some of which is detailed in the video clip above.
[via Zach Harper at EOB]
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 31
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 3
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 8
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5