Aug 21, 2014, 7:31 PM EST
There are plenty of additional moving parts, but they appear to be coming into focus. And the Timberwolves are expected to get quite a haul in return for their franchise player.
What I expect by end of day Sat: Wolves lose Love, Shved, Mbah A Moute, a No. 1, gain Wiggins, Bennett, TYoung, cap except. In 3-team deal.
— Dan Barreiro (@DanBarreiroKFAN) August 21, 2014
Educated guess for Saturday: CLE gets Love, MIN gets Wiggins, Bennett, Young, PHI gets Shved, Moute, CLE #1 (from MIA).
— Jon Krawczynski (@APkrawczynski) August 21, 2014
Minnesota undoubtedly needs to rebuild a bit after losing a player of Love’s caliber, but getting the last two number one overall picks in the draft in exchange isn’t at all a bad place to start. Combine that with Young’s experience and his level of production, and with the players already in place you have an exciting core that could potentially begin to string together victories sooner than expected.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 8
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 11
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 32
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10