Aug 21, 2014, 7:31 PM EDT
There are plenty of additional moving parts, but they appear to be coming into focus. And the Timberwolves are expected to get quite a haul in return for their franchise player.
What I expect by end of day Sat: Wolves lose Love, Shved, Mbah A Moute, a No. 1, gain Wiggins, Bennett, TYoung, cap except. In 3-team deal.
— Dan Barreiro (@DanBarreiroKFAN) August 21, 2014
Educated guess for Saturday: CLE gets Love, MIN gets Wiggins, Bennett, Young, PHI gets Shved, Moute, CLE #1 (from MIA).
— Jon Krawczynski (@APkrawczynski) August 21, 2014
Minnesota undoubtedly needs to rebuild a bit after losing a player of Love’s caliber, but getting the last two number one overall picks in the draft in exchange isn’t at all a bad place to start. Combine that with Young’s experience and his level of production, and with the players already in place you have an exciting core that could potentially begin to string together victories sooner than expected.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 28
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 44
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4