Aug 21, 2014, 7:31 PM EDT
There are plenty of additional moving parts, but they appear to be coming into focus. And the Timberwolves are expected to get quite a haul in return for their franchise player.
What I expect by end of day Sat: Wolves lose Love, Shved, Mbah A Moute, a No. 1, gain Wiggins, Bennett, TYoung, cap except. In 3-team deal.
— Dan Barreiro (@DanBarreiroKFAN) August 21, 2014
Educated guess for Saturday: CLE gets Love, MIN gets Wiggins, Bennett, Young, PHI gets Shved, Moute, CLE #1 (from MIA).
— Jon Krawczynski (@APkrawczynski) August 21, 2014
Minnesota undoubtedly needs to rebuild a bit after losing a player of Love’s caliber, but getting the last two number one overall picks in the draft in exchange isn’t at all a bad place to start. Combine that with Young’s experience and his level of production, and with the players already in place you have an exciting core that could potentially begin to string together victories sooner than expected.
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 7
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 18
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29