Aug 21, 2014, 7:31 PM EDT
There are plenty of additional moving parts, but they appear to be coming into focus. And the Timberwolves are expected to get quite a haul in return for their franchise player.
What I expect by end of day Sat: Wolves lose Love, Shved, Mbah A Moute, a No. 1, gain Wiggins, Bennett, TYoung, cap except. In 3-team deal.
— Dan Barreiro (@DanBarreiroKFAN) August 21, 2014
Educated guess for Saturday: CLE gets Love, MIN gets Wiggins, Bennett, Young, PHI gets Shved, Moute, CLE #1 (from MIA).
— Jon Krawczynski (@APkrawczynski) August 21, 2014
Minnesota undoubtedly needs to rebuild a bit after losing a player of Love’s caliber, but getting the last two number one overall picks in the draft in exchange isn’t at all a bad place to start. Combine that with Young’s experience and his level of production, and with the players already in place you have an exciting core that could potentially begin to string together victories sooner than expected.
- Report: Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 0
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 63
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 9
- Who is left on the board after wild first day of NBA free agency? 30
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 20