Aug 21, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
USA Basketball called this “killer crossover” but to me this is Kyrie Irving every game. Irving was one of the top shooters in the NBA off the dribble last season and he has plenty of moves to create space for himself. This is a very good move, it’s just something he can do nightly. It’s effortless.
Irving, as well as DeMar DeRozan and Andre Drummond looked good in the USA’s 43-point thrashing of the Dominican Republic at Madison Square Garden. The problem for Coach Mike Krzyzewski and crew is what can you really take away from this game? This was not a test for the USA, not the chance to see how players perform under pressure. how players perform in practice would be a better judge of that than this game.
Which is part of the reason there will be no cuts until after Friday night’s game against Puerto Rico.
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 9
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 4
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 28