Aug 21, 2014, 11:30 AM EST
USA Basketball called this “killer crossover” but to me this is Kyrie Irving every game. Irving was one of the top shooters in the NBA off the dribble last season and he has plenty of moves to create space for himself. This is a very good move, it’s just something he can do nightly. It’s effortless.
Irving, as well as DeMar DeRozan and Andre Drummond looked good in the USA’s 43-point thrashing of the Dominican Republic at Madison Square Garden. The problem for Coach Mike Krzyzewski and crew is what can you really take away from this game? This was not a test for the USA, not the chance to see how players perform under pressure. how players perform in practice would be a better judge of that than this game.
Which is part of the reason there will be no cuts until after Friday night’s game against Puerto Rico.
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 2
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 38
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 10
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 6
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 14
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 28
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 7
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 5