Aug 21, 2014, 11:30 AM EST
USA Basketball called this “killer crossover” but to me this is Kyrie Irving every game. Irving was one of the top shooters in the NBA off the dribble last season and he has plenty of moves to create space for himself. This is a very good move, it’s just something he can do nightly. It’s effortless.
Irving, as well as DeMar DeRozan and Andre Drummond looked good in the USA’s 43-point thrashing of the Dominican Republic at Madison Square Garden. The problem for Coach Mike Krzyzewski and crew is what can you really take away from this game? This was not a test for the USA, not the chance to see how players perform under pressure. how players perform in practice would be a better judge of that than this game.
Which is part of the reason there will be no cuts until after Friday night’s game against Puerto Rico.
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 10
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 9
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 48
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 46