Aug 21, 2014, 3:59 PM EDT
DeMarcus Cousins and Stephen Curry were having a little fun following Team USA’s practice on Thursday, but while Cousins had hoped to impress Curry with his range, the results were underwhelming, at best.
“The third Splash Brother,” Cousins proclaimed, before clanking a three-pointer off the iron.
The Splash Brothers, of course, is the nickname that’s been given to the duo of Curry and his backcourt mate with the Warriors, Klay Thompson.
“Wait, we gotta get this right,” said Cousins, before trying it once more, and finishing with the very same result.
“We’re still taking applications, don’t worry,” Curry said.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 22
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49