Aug 21, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Now you can add Brook Lopez to the list of NBA stars who dropped weight this summer.
It makes a lot of sense for Lopez, coming off foot surgery that cost him most of last season, to want to drop some lbs and he did, the center told the New York Post.
Lopez, who arrived at training camp last fall weighing around 290 pounds before playing at a weight several pounds lighter, looked noticeably thinner while participating in a youth healthy lifestyle clinic at Barclays Center on Wednesday afternoon.
“I’m at my playing weight,” Lopez said with a laugh. “I can attribute that to laying in bed for months, but I’m back to the weight that’s normal for me. Last I checked, I was just under 275 [pounds].”
Despite the success the Nets had going small last season new (and improved) coach Lionel Hollins is going to go big this season, with Brook Lopez at the heart of what the Nets do.
Brooklyn has the pieces to do some real damage in the East, but they are going to need monster years out of Lopez and Deron Williams. Both need to stay healthy and bounce back to form. That may be asking a lot.
But for Lopez, the weight loss is a good start.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 8
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 11
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 30
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29