Aug 20, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Stephen Curry is wrong.
I just had to start there. In an NBA Jam face-off of duos from current NBA teams, Curry and Klay Thompson would not win. They’d be good, maybe top four, but not win. I get he’s going to pick himself, but he’s wrong.
This is a pretty fun little game to play come summer. Here’s how I would rank the top five NBA Jam duos on current teams.
Dirk Nowtizki with Monta Ellis would be the sleeper there (because Nowitzki would be a force). But Durant and Westbrook would be unstoppable on offense — there would just be a loop of the announcer saying “He’s on fire” and “Boom-shakalaka!”
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 0
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 8
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 10
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 5
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 47
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7