Aug 20, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Stephen Curry is wrong.
I just had to start there. In an NBA Jam face-off of duos from current NBA teams, Curry and Klay Thompson would not win. They’d be good, maybe top four, but not win. I get he’s going to pick himself, but he’s wrong.
This is a pretty fun little game to play come summer. Here’s how I would rank the top five NBA Jam duos on current teams.
Dirk Nowtizki with Monta Ellis would be the sleeper there (because Nowitzki would be a force). But Durant and Westbrook would be unstoppable on offense — there would just be a loop of the announcer saying “He’s on fire” and “Boom-shakalaka!”
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 5
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 12
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 18