Aug 20, 2014, 12:01 AM EDT
Kobe Bryant has two years left on his contract with the Lakers, and most expect those to be the final two seasons that he plays professionally.
Injuries limited him to just six games last season, and though he’s expected to be back to 100 percent for the start of the 2014-15 campaign, no one yet knows exactly what that will mean in terms of his on-court performance.
Bryant will appear on a regional cover of Sports Illustrated this week, and the quote on the front of the magazine says it all.
“I’m 70 in basketball years,” Bryant says.
He’s not kidding.
Bryant has spent more than half of his life playing in the NBA, and in 18 seasons he’s appeared in 1,465 games, totaling 54,208 minutes played in the process.
— Sports Illustrated (@SInow) August 19, 2014
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 0
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 3
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 6
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 15
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 7
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 30
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31