Aug 20, 2014, 12:01 AM EST
Kobe Bryant has two years left on his contract with the Lakers, and most expect those to be the final two seasons that he plays professionally.
Injuries limited him to just six games last season, and though he’s expected to be back to 100 percent for the start of the 2014-15 campaign, no one yet knows exactly what that will mean in terms of his on-court performance.
Bryant will appear on a regional cover of Sports Illustrated this week, and the quote on the front of the magazine says it all.
“I’m 70 in basketball years,” Bryant says.
He’s not kidding.
Bryant has spent more than half of his life playing in the NBA, and in 18 seasons he’s appeared in 1,465 games, totaling 54,208 minutes played in the process.
— Sports Illustrated (@SInow) August 19, 2014
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 3
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 0
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 15
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 23
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13