Aug 20, 2014, 12:01 AM EDT
Kobe Bryant has two years left on his contract with the Lakers, and most expect those to be the final two seasons that he plays professionally.
Injuries limited him to just six games last season, and though he’s expected to be back to 100 percent for the start of the 2014-15 campaign, no one yet knows exactly what that will mean in terms of his on-court performance.
Bryant will appear on a regional cover of Sports Illustrated this week, and the quote on the front of the magazine says it all.
“I’m 70 in basketball years,” Bryant says.
He’s not kidding.
Bryant has spent more than half of his life playing in the NBA, and in 18 seasons he’s appeared in 1,465 games, totaling 54,208 minutes played in the process.
— Sports Illustrated (@SInow) August 19, 2014
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 18
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 55
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23