Aug 20, 2014, 12:01 AM EDT
Kobe Bryant has two years left on his contract with the Lakers, and most expect those to be the final two seasons that he plays professionally.
Injuries limited him to just six games last season, and though he’s expected to be back to 100 percent for the start of the 2014-15 campaign, no one yet knows exactly what that will mean in terms of his on-court performance.
Bryant will appear on a regional cover of Sports Illustrated this week, and the quote on the front of the magazine says it all.
“I’m 70 in basketball years,” Bryant says.
He’s not kidding.
Bryant has spent more than half of his life playing in the NBA, and in 18 seasons he’s appeared in 1,465 games, totaling 54,208 minutes played in the process.
— Sports Illustrated (@SInow) August 19, 2014
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 5
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 12
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36