Kevin Durant: Stephen Curry ‘is terrible’ in NBA2K

Aug 20, 2014, 5:07 PM EST

Stephen Curry may not quite be a better offensive player than LeBron James, but he’s certainly one of the game’s top shooters.

Evidently, those skills didn’t translate to the video game version of Curry’s persona.

Speaking at an event in New York to promote the latest release of NBA2K, Kevin Durant was asked which players he enjoys playing as in the game. And, with Curry on stage next to him, he wasn’t afraid to be completely honest.

“The thing is, I can’t shoot with Steph,” Durant said.

“That’s what everybody’s telling me,” Curry added.

“I can’t play well, he’s terrible in the game,” Durant said.

“They say it’s hit or miss with the timing on my jumper,” Curry said. “And I can’t figure out my own jumper.”

“He’s a 30 percent shooter in my game,” Durant said.

Check out the full exchange in the video clip above.

1. ProBasketballPundit - Aug 20, 2014 at 5:13 PM

I don’t know. Last season I played in 2K14 was with the Warriors and my Steph Curry dominates, averages like 38-5-10. Just gotta play with him enough to master the jumper timing. It’s probably because he has such an insanely quick release that he feels different than the rest of the players.

2. theebadguy - Aug 20, 2014 at 5:43 PM

They are spot-on. His jumper is incredibly difficult to time

3. cbking05 - Aug 20, 2014 at 6:26 PM

hopefully Curry works on this before the season starts …

4. nfl4days - Aug 20, 2014 at 6:41 PM

It’s definitely because his shot is ridiculously fast.

5. explosionsauce - Aug 20, 2014 at 9:00 PM

Hilarious they are bashing the game they are promoting.

6. 00maltliquor - Aug 21, 2014 at 12:27 AM

I’m 10 games in and I got Kobe shooting 61% from 3. Nick Young is even higher, can’t remember exactly how much off top but he’s automatic. I even get Wes Johnson going off at a 45% clip. Gotta use him at the top of the 3.

• 00maltliquor - Aug 21, 2014 at 2:57 AM

I don’t usually care about thumbs down but LOL at the thumbs down for this kind of comment. How does what I got going on my XBox in my own home get majority downvotes? LOL!! I love PBT! You guys are great!

• bkbell3 - Aug 21, 2014 at 7:00 PM

I’m giving you a thumbs down for saying ” you guys are great” and for telling your mom you love her and giving to charity.lol

7. opinevain - Aug 21, 2014 at 9:07 PM

2K as a whole is by far the phoniest game lol I love it though.

8. Lujah - Aug 22, 2014 at 8:37 AM

Hmm… is it me or has their been a few durant vs curry stuff in the nba media lately? If I was paranoid I’d say this is under armour’s way of beefing up their brand with one of their clients and one future client.

Jabari Parker injury latest for disappointing rookie class
Top 10 NBA Player Searches