Aug 20, 2014, 11:15 PM EST
Team USA had little trouble with the Dominican Republic on Wednesday, and cruised to a 105-62 victory even with Derrick Rose sidelined as a precaution.
Rose hasn’t practiced with the team since its victory over Brazil on Saturday, and was held out of this one after experiencing some soreness in his knees. He is, however, expected to return to practice tomorrow and play in Friday night’s exhibition against Puerto Rico.
Rose’s suddenly questionable status may see him added to the list of those being considered for the final roster cuts, but whether that’s the case or it isn’t, Mike Krzyzewski said that no decisions will be made on that front until after Friday night’s contest.
From Marc Stein of ESPN.com:
At his postgame presser, Coach K just announced that there will be no players cut before Friday’s game. So 16 make it to Thursday’s practice
Before Rose became questionable, four players would need to be dismissed from a group that includes DeMar DeRozan, Damian Lillard, Andre Drummond, Miles Plumlee, DeMarcus Cousins, Rudy Gay, and Gordon Hayward.
DeRozan, Drummond and Gay all shined at various points in Wednesday’s exhibition.
There are no easy decisions in terms of choosing who makes the final roster; all of these guys can play at an elite level, and it will simply come down to the personal preferences of Krzyzewski and Jerry Colangelo.
But for those feeling like they may be on the bubble, they’ll have at least one more day of practice and another exhibition game to show what they can do to remain on the roster.
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 0
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 0
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 5
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5