Aug 19, 2014, 1:10 PM EDT
Steve Ballmer has been consistent when asked about spending $2 billion on an NBA team — he thinks it’s a good investment. He admits he paid a Los Angeles beachfront price for the Clippers, but he’s quick to tell you that at least the team has a good income stream and turns a profit. Which is more than most tech companies he’s invested in.
He echoed that again Tuesday morning, saying it was a “perfectly decent investment.”
NBC’s own Mike Florio stepped in to host the Dan Patrick radio show on Tuesday and interviewed Ballmer, talking about his not-exactly-subtle rally and the price of owning an NBA team, as well as his future plans with the Clippers. Which if you’re a Clippers fan you have to like because he plans to stay out of the basketball operations side.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 20
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 20
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 49