Aug 19, 2014, 1:10 PM EDT
Steve Ballmer has been consistent when asked about spending $2 billion on an NBA team — he thinks it’s a good investment. He admits he paid a Los Angeles beachfront price for the Clippers, but he’s quick to tell you that at least the team has a good income stream and turns a profit. Which is more than most tech companies he’s invested in.
He echoed that again Tuesday morning, saying it was a “perfectly decent investment.”
NBC’s own Mike Florio stepped in to host the Dan Patrick radio show on Tuesday and interviewed Ballmer, talking about his not-exactly-subtle rally and the price of owning an NBA team, as well as his future plans with the Clippers. Which if you’re a Clippers fan you have to like because he plans to stay out of the basketball operations side.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 5
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4