Aug 19, 2014, 1:10 PM EDT
Steve Ballmer has been consistent when asked about spending $2 billion on an NBA team — he thinks it’s a good investment. He admits he paid a Los Angeles beachfront price for the Clippers, but he’s quick to tell you that at least the team has a good income stream and turns a profit. Which is more than most tech companies he’s invested in.
He echoed that again Tuesday morning, saying it was a “perfectly decent investment.”
NBC’s own Mike Florio stepped in to host the Dan Patrick radio show on Tuesday and interviewed Ballmer, talking about his not-exactly-subtle rally and the price of owning an NBA team, as well as his future plans with the Clippers. Which if you’re a Clippers fan you have to like because he plans to stay out of the basketball operations side.
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 10
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 8
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 5
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 38
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 6
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 15
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense 3