Aug 19, 2014, 10:29 PM EDT
The Lakers suffered through one of their worst seasons in franchise history last year, thanks primarily to the amount of injuries that were sustained by key players, which included Steve Nash and Kobe Bryant.
There were some highlights and fun moments anyway, and the video clip above that the NBA put together attempted to find the bright spots in what was an utterly dismal campaign.
But all this compilation does is showcase just how awful last year really was in Los Angeles.
The Lakers are a franchise that trades on its star power and historically perennial ability to compete for championships. No disrespect to the guys on last year’s roster, but seeing Xavier Henry, Wes Johnson, Ryan Kelly and Jodie Meeks take up the majority of this mix just hammers home how far the team has fallen.
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 1
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 13
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 23
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 24