Aug 19, 2014, 10:29 PM EDT
The Lakers suffered through one of their worst seasons in franchise history last year, thanks primarily to the amount of injuries that were sustained by key players, which included Steve Nash and Kobe Bryant.
There were some highlights and fun moments anyway, and the video clip above that the NBA put together attempted to find the bright spots in what was an utterly dismal campaign.
But all this compilation does is showcase just how awful last year really was in Los Angeles.
The Lakers are a franchise that trades on its star power and historically perennial ability to compete for championships. No disrespect to the guys on last year’s roster, but seeing Xavier Henry, Wes Johnson, Ryan Kelly and Jodie Meeks take up the majority of this mix just hammers home how far the team has fallen.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 12
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 12
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8