Aug 19, 2014, 10:29 PM EDT
The Lakers suffered through one of their worst seasons in franchise history last year, thanks primarily to the amount of injuries that were sustained by key players, which included Steve Nash and Kobe Bryant.
There were some highlights and fun moments anyway, and the video clip above that the NBA put together attempted to find the bright spots in what was an utterly dismal campaign.
But all this compilation does is showcase just how awful last year really was in Los Angeles.
The Lakers are a franchise that trades on its star power and historically perennial ability to compete for championships. No disrespect to the guys on last year’s roster, but seeing Xavier Henry, Wes Johnson, Ryan Kelly and Jodie Meeks take up the majority of this mix just hammers home how far the team has fallen.
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 6
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 10
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 18
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 27
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 6
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 90