Lakers top 10 plays of the 2013-14 season (VIDEO)

Aug 19, 2014, 10:29 PM EST

The Lakers suffered through one of their worst seasons in franchise history last year, thanks primarily to the amount of injuries that were sustained by key players, which included Steve Nash and Kobe Bryant.

There were some highlights and fun moments anyway, and the video clip above that the NBA put together attempted to find the bright spots in what was an utterly dismal campaign.

But all this compilation does is showcase just how awful last year really was in Los Angeles.

The Lakers are a franchise that trades on its star power and historically perennial ability to compete for championships. No disrespect to the guys on last year’s roster, but seeing Xavier Henry, Wes Johnson, Ryan Kelly and Jodie Meeks take up the majority of this mix just hammers home how far the team has fallen.

1. money2long - Aug 19, 2014 at 10:39 PM

I haven’t watched it yet. But I wonder how many of the highlights feature Kobe Bryant.

• sportsfan18 - Aug 20, 2014 at 7:59 AM

No need to watch Money…

I mean the article even said this… “But all this compilation does is showcase just how awful last year really was in Los Angeles.”

• money2long - Aug 20, 2014 at 11:05 AM

What’s that have to do with any Kobe features ? Are you on drugs ? When you aren’t writing long drawn out comments , you’re oozing your cynical mentality.

• sportsfan18 - Aug 20, 2014 at 1:10 PM

Money,

Uh, I didn’t mention Kobe at all…

YOU said that you hadn’t even watched the video and I said you don’t even need to bother watching it.

• money2long - Aug 22, 2014 at 4:08 PM

My statement was connected to that of Kobe Bryant. Ur on drugs. I don’t even feel like explaining this further. Ur a moron. And no one likes reading ur comments.

2. asimonetti88 - Aug 19, 2014 at 11:00 PM

The number 1 play came early in the season, which is fitting because it was pretty much downhill from there. Looking forward to the new year!

3. tigershark0052 - Aug 19, 2014 at 11:05 PM

I hope Kobe comes back strong again

4. avb300 - Aug 20, 2014 at 1:23 AM

Check out this post on rim protectors:

5. socalgal64 - Aug 20, 2014 at 1:28 AM

Surprised Xavier Henry putting Jeff Withey on a poster wasn’t on that reel.

• jimb25 - Aug 20, 2014 at 2:10 AM

I was thinking the same thing. I thought that was the number 1 play.

• 00maltliquor - Aug 20, 2014 at 2:51 PM

I know! The whole time I was watching I figured it would have been #1.

Nice to see a few of those highlights were defensive. I remember all but like 2 of those. There were more plays that should have made it but it was still a nice top 10.

6. duhwighthoward - Aug 20, 2014 at 2:28 AM

Play #7: I really though Raymond Felton was going to block that dunk. (sarcasm)

Pretty sad season when that makes the top ten.

Who will land Josh Smith?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches