Aug 19, 2014, 11:17 AM EDT
This video is a perfect fit with the mythology of Kobe Bryant — even in high school, come the fourth quarter the game was his. He was cold-blooded even then.
This is from 1995, when Kobe Bryant was a junior at Lower Merion High School in Philadelphia and leading his team deep into the playoffs (that year he averaged (31.1 points, 10.4 rebounds and 5.4 assists per game). The next year as a senior he would lead the school to the state championship.
Already at this age he showed some of the same skills — he could shoot the three or finish at the rim, and you better not let him get to the elbow area or it’s over.
Although the best part of this may be just how ’90s the show is — the graphics, the clothes, everything. Thrown in Montell Jordan singing “This is how we do it” and it would be perfect 1995.
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 8
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 18
- FIBA World Cup USA vs. Serbia preview: Serbia no pushover but Americans should grab gold 4
- France beats Lithuania to win World Cup bronze 6
- Carmelo Anthony says nobody would want to play for Hawks 20
- Rudy Gay upset over ‘dirty play’ that caused him to suffer a fractured jaw in Team USA’s win over Lithuania 17
- Serbia holds off furious French comeback, wins to advance to gold medal game vs. USA 4
- Hawks GM Danny Ferry releases statement on his leave of absence, apologizes again 6