Aug 19, 2014, 11:17 AM EDT
This video is a perfect fit with the mythology of Kobe Bryant — even in high school, come the fourth quarter the game was his. He was cold-blooded even then.
This is from 1995, when Kobe Bryant was a junior at Lower Merion High School in Philadelphia and leading his team deep into the playoffs (that year he averaged (31.1 points, 10.4 rebounds and 5.4 assists per game). The next year as a senior he would lead the school to the state championship.
Already at this age he showed some of the same skills — he could shoot the three or finish at the rim, and you better not let him get to the elbow area or it’s over.
Although the best part of this may be just how ’90s the show is — the graphics, the clothes, everything. Thrown in Montell Jordan singing “This is how we do it” and it would be perfect 1995.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 7
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 10
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8