Aug 19, 2014, 11:17 AM EST
This video is a perfect fit with the mythology of Kobe Bryant — even in high school, come the fourth quarter the game was his. He was cold-blooded even then.
This is from 1995, when Kobe Bryant was a junior at Lower Merion High School in Philadelphia and leading his team deep into the playoffs (that year he averaged (31.1 points, 10.4 rebounds and 5.4 assists per game). The next year as a senior he would lead the school to the state championship.
Already at this age he showed some of the same skills — he could shoot the three or finish at the rim, and you better not let him get to the elbow area or it’s over.
Although the best part of this may be just how ’90s the show is — the graphics, the clothes, everything. Thrown in Montell Jordan singing “This is how we do it” and it would be perfect 1995.
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 20
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 1
- LeBron James on Cavaliers’ struggles: “I stink” 15
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Life is good in the Golden State 12
- Damian Lillard, as stature grows, refuses to become content 5
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You may want to try and cover Marc Gasol 11
- Jimmy Butler on Derrick Rose: “We want him to be 100 percent” for the playoffs 12
- Report: Free agent market for Jeff Green is as strong ‘if not stronger’ than it is for Rajon Rondo 20