Aug 19, 2014, 11:17 AM EST
This video is a perfect fit with the mythology of Kobe Bryant — even in high school, come the fourth quarter the game was his. He was cold-blooded even then.
This is from 1995, when Kobe Bryant was a junior at Lower Merion High School in Philadelphia and leading his team deep into the playoffs (that year he averaged (31.1 points, 10.4 rebounds and 5.4 assists per game). The next year as a senior he would lead the school to the state championship.
Already at this age he showed some of the same skills — he could shoot the three or finish at the rim, and you better not let him get to the elbow area or it’s over.
Although the best part of this may be just how ’90s the show is — the graphics, the clothes, everything. Thrown in Montell Jordan singing “This is how we do it” and it would be perfect 1995.
- Wesley Matthew’s injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 2
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 8
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14