Aug 19, 2014, 11:17 AM EST
This video is a perfect fit with the mythology of Kobe Bryant — even in high school, come the fourth quarter the game was his. He was cold-blooded even then.
This is from 1995, when Kobe Bryant was a junior at Lower Merion High School in Philadelphia and leading his team deep into the playoffs (that year he averaged (31.1 points, 10.4 rebounds and 5.4 assists per game). The next year as a senior he would lead the school to the state championship.
Already at this age he showed some of the same skills — he could shoot the three or finish at the rim, and you better not let him get to the elbow area or it’s over.
Although the best part of this may be just how ’90s the show is — the graphics, the clothes, everything. Thrown in Montell Jordan singing “This is how we do it” and it would be perfect 1995.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 9
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 8
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 13
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8