Aug 19, 2014, 3:18 PM EST
For the second day in a row, Derrick Rose sat out a Team USA practice. He got up a few shots after practice but did not run through drills.
For the second day in a row everyone says he is fine, it is just precautionary. There’s no reason to think otherwise and there is certainly no reason to push him hard for summer practices and exhibition games.
Speaking of those FIBA World Cup tune up games, the USA has one Wednesday night and Rose, who started against Brazil, may not against the Dominican Republic at Madison Square Garden, reports John Schuhmann of NBA.com.
Nothing to see here, move along.
Although after the last couple years, we’ll be keeping a closer eye on Rose as he goes forward into the season.
Tom Thibodeau is going to have to get his star some in season rest this year, a few days off. That’s not usually his style, but times they are a changin’.
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 19
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6