Aug 19, 2014, 3:18 PM EST
For the second day in a row, Derrick Rose sat out a Team USA practice. He got up a few shots after practice but did not run through drills.
For the second day in a row everyone says he is fine, it is just precautionary. There’s no reason to think otherwise and there is certainly no reason to push him hard for summer practices and exhibition games.
Speaking of those FIBA World Cup tune up games, the USA has one Wednesday night and Rose, who started against Brazil, may not against the Dominican Republic at Madison Square Garden, reports John Schuhmann of NBA.com.
Nothing to see here, move along.
Although after the last couple years, we’ll be keeping a closer eye on Rose as he goes forward into the season.
Tom Thibodeau is going to have to get his star some in season rest this year, a few days off. That’s not usually his style, but times they are a changin’.
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 7
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 25
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 19
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 11
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1