Aug 19, 2014, 3:18 PM EDT
For the second day in a row, Derrick Rose sat out a Team USA practice. He got up a few shots after practice but did not run through drills.
For the second day in a row everyone says he is fine, it is just precautionary. There’s no reason to think otherwise and there is certainly no reason to push him hard for summer practices and exhibition games.
Speaking of those FIBA World Cup tune up games, the USA has one Wednesday night and Rose, who started against Brazil, may not against the Dominican Republic at Madison Square Garden, reports John Schuhmann of NBA.com.
Nothing to see here, move along.
Although after the last couple years, we’ll be keeping a closer eye on Rose as he goes forward into the season.
Tom Thibodeau is going to have to get his star some in season rest this year, a few days off. That’s not usually his style, but times they are a changin’.
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 0
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 4
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 16
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3