Aug 19, 2014, 3:18 PM EDT
For the second day in a row, Derrick Rose sat out a Team USA practice. He got up a few shots after practice but did not run through drills.
For the second day in a row everyone says he is fine, it is just precautionary. There’s no reason to think otherwise and there is certainly no reason to push him hard for summer practices and exhibition games.
Speaking of those FIBA World Cup tune up games, the USA has one Wednesday night and Rose, who started against Brazil, may not against the Dominican Republic at Madison Square Garden, reports John Schuhmann of NBA.com.
Nothing to see here, move along.
Although after the last couple years, we’ll be keeping a closer eye on Rose as he goes forward into the season.
Tom Thibodeau is going to have to get his star some in season rest this year, a few days off. That’s not usually his style, but times they are a changin’.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 18
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 37
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85