Tweet of the Day: You can still get a Dwight Howard Lakers jersey at LAX. For $100.

Aug 18, 2014, 8:44 AM EDT

Dwight Howard is still enemy No. 1 for Lakers fans. Well, to be fair maybe not all of them, he’s No. 2 on a few people’s lists. But to say the man is not loved is an understatement. To Lakers fans, nobody walks away from their team.

This tweet is from Jeff Pearlman, author of the amazing “Showtime” book that came out last year and is a must read for Lakers fans (or just basketball junkies). It’s filled with amazing stories.

Back to the tweet… There are roughly zero people walking around the city in a Dwight Howard Lakers jersey. The idea that someone would spend good money on that… well, at least they are selling it at the airport to naive tourists.

Maybe they would spend $3, because you need a target for dart throwing practice at times and the dart board can get tedious. But aside that? Good luck.

1. canucks30 - Aug 18, 2014 at 8:51 AM

Wait. Dwight Howard played for the Lakers? Who knew?

• 00maltliquor - Aug 18, 2014 at 11:45 AM

No lie, it was kinda wierd see that pic above with him in a Lakers jersey. I know it was only a couple of years ago but it feels like it never even happened.

I tell you what though, I miss him in 2k14! Dude was UNSTOPPABLE. I just played the Rockets last night, beat them by 8 with my Season mode Lakers team, it took me 3 qtrs. to come back from the damage D12 did in the beginning of the game! lol

2. sportsfan18 - Aug 18, 2014 at 9:37 AM

Woulda thought Kobe would have bought them all up to get rid of the evidence…

And then used them as rags in the garage or chew toys for his dogs or whatever else he could think of…

• ocgunslinger - Aug 18, 2014 at 9:54 AM

Right. Just remember they don’t flush well.

3. mackcarrington - Aug 18, 2014 at 10:22 AM

This is just one of a dozen reasons not to buy a jersey with someone else’s name on the back.

4. ProBasketballPundit - Aug 18, 2014 at 4:21 PM

My favorite NBA picture of all time just so happens to be of Dwight in a Lakers jersey:

i.imgur.com/QpWANx7.jpg

• duhwighthoward - Aug 18, 2014 at 4:34 PM

That is a great pic.

5. duhwighthoward - Aug 18, 2014 at 4:36 PM

This post reminds me that I have a LeBron James Cleveland jersey from obviously several years ago.

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches