Aug 18, 2014, 8:44 AM EDT
Dwight Howard is still enemy No. 1 for Lakers fans. Well, to be fair maybe not all of them, he’s No. 2 on a few people’s lists. But to say the man is not loved is an understatement. To Lakers fans, nobody walks away from their team.
This tweet is from Jeff Pearlman, author of the amazing “Showtime” book that came out last year and is a must read for Lakers fans (or just basketball junkies). It’s filled with amazing stories.
Back to the tweet… There are roughly zero people walking around the city in a Dwight Howard Lakers jersey. The idea that someone would spend good money on that… well, at least they are selling it at the airport to naive tourists.
Maybe they would spend $3, because you need a target for dart throwing practice at times and the dart board can get tedious. But aside that? Good luck.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32