Aug 18, 2014, 1:01 PM EDT
Does it really count if you take an ice bath every day, Kobe?
Still, Kobe Bryant became the latest in a long line of NBA players to join an icy summer — LeBron James, John Wall, Damian Lillard, Adam Silver, and most of Team USA, just to name a few. The ALS ice bucket challenge has taken off and gone viral, which has meant a lot of dumped water but more importantly a lot of money raised to help find a cure for the disease (better known as Lou Gehrig’s disease). Bottom line is you need to do more than dumping ice on your head — donate. And a lot of people are doing that.
Also jumping in on the ALS ice bucket challenge, we have Pat Riley on a boat (I love that he can just challenge Bruce Springsteen because they’re buds). Then for fun, Dikembe Mutombo.
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 12
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 5
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 28