Aug 18, 2014, 1:01 PM EST
Does it really count if you take an ice bath every day, Kobe?
Still, Kobe Bryant became the latest in a long line of NBA players to join an icy summer — LeBron James, John Wall, Damian Lillard, Adam Silver, and most of Team USA, just to name a few. The ALS ice bucket challenge has taken off and gone viral, which has meant a lot of dumped water but more importantly a lot of money raised to help find a cure for the disease (better known as Lou Gehrig’s disease). Bottom line is you need to do more than dumping ice on your head — donate. And a lot of people are doing that.
Also jumping in on the ALS ice bucket challenge, we have Pat Riley on a boat (I love that he can just challenge Bruce Springsteen because they’re buds). Then for fun, Dikembe Mutombo.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 22
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18