Aug 18, 2014, 1:01 PM EDT
Does it really count if you take an ice bath every day, Kobe?
Still, Kobe Bryant became the latest in a long line of NBA players to join an icy summer — LeBron James, John Wall, Damian Lillard, Adam Silver, and most of Team USA, just to name a few. The ALS ice bucket challenge has taken off and gone viral, which has meant a lot of dumped water but more importantly a lot of money raised to help find a cure for the disease (better known as Lou Gehrig’s disease). Bottom line is you need to do more than dumping ice on your head — donate. And a lot of people are doing that.
Also jumping in on the ALS ice bucket challenge, we have Pat Riley on a boat (I love that he can just challenge Bruce Springsteen because they’re buds). Then for fun, Dikembe Mutombo.
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 7
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 12
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 7