Aug 18, 2014, 2:29 PM EDT
Well… it’s not Michelangelo’s David.
And I feel safe saying in a few years when they put a statue of Kobe Bryant outside Staples Center in Los Angeles, it will not look like this.
This is from the Basketball Art Exhibition in Taipei, Taiwan. It’s a statue of naked Kobe apparently trying to shoot a lay-up/floater while battling and being fouled by a black mamba snake. For the record, the snake is biting Kobe in the Achilles, which is one of his recent injuries.
I’m no art critic, but I know what I like and… let’s never speak of this again. I’ll stick with the garden sculptures at the Huntington.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 7
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48