Aug 18, 2014, 2:29 PM EDT
Well… it’s not Michelangelo’s David.
And I feel safe saying in a few years when they put a statue of Kobe Bryant outside Staples Center in Los Angeles, it will not look like this.
This is from the Basketball Art Exhibition in Taipei, Taiwan. It’s a statue of naked Kobe apparently trying to shoot a lay-up/floater while battling and being fouled by a black mamba snake. For the record, the snake is biting Kobe in the Achilles, which is one of his recent injuries.
I’m no art critic, but I know what I like and… let’s never speak of this again. I’ll stick with the garden sculptures at the Huntington.
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 1
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 1
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 14
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10