Aug 18, 2014, 2:29 PM EDT
Well… it’s not Michelangelo’s David.
And I feel safe saying in a few years when they put a statue of Kobe Bryant outside Staples Center in Los Angeles, it will not look like this.
This is from the Basketball Art Exhibition in Taipei, Taiwan. It’s a statue of naked Kobe apparently trying to shoot a lay-up/floater while battling and being fouled by a black mamba snake. For the record, the snake is biting Kobe in the Achilles, which is one of his recent injuries.
I’m no art critic, but I know what I like and… let’s never speak of this again. I’ll stick with the garden sculptures at the Huntington.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 38
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18