Aug 17, 2014, 7:00 PM EST
As the Cavaliers look to fill out the roster and surround LeBron James with enough veteran talent to make a legitimate run at a title in the upcoming season, Ray Allen‘s name continues to be mentioned — even though we have no idea whether or not he’s decided on returning to play next season.
Twice now there have been reports that Allen had made up his mind to come back, only to have his representation refute those reports each time.
Nothing has changed there, at least on the surface. But the latest report has Cleveland feeling good about its chances of luring Allen to once again team up with James in a championship-contending situation.
The Cavs are also optimistic about their chances of signing free agent guard Ray Allen prior to the start of training camp, a source said.
This may be one of those situations where Allen waits as long as possible before committing, just to ensure that he’s truly all in on coming back to play in what would be his 19th NBA season.
It’s worth noting that despite this report, it’s far from certain that he’ll choose to do so — especially when considering just how content he seemed so recently with the idea that he had already played his last game.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 9
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18