Aug 17, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
First one of these I’ve seen on a boat. Must be nice.
LeBron James becomes the latest to take on the ALS Ice Bucket challenge that has gone viral. The goal is to raise awareness and money for research into finding a cure for ALS (also known as Lou Gehrig’s Disease), and it’s working. Donations are up nearly 400 percent. Which is awesome.
LeBron and Team USA called out President Barack Obama. He’s on the clock. (The best part is how some pundits/talking heads will say “it’s not presidential” if he does it, but if it was the guy from their party he would be “connecting with the people.” That’s where we are in American politics, it’s all about power as a zero sum game. For both sides.)
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 14
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 48
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17