Aug 17, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
First one of these I’ve seen on a boat. Must be nice.
LeBron James becomes the latest to take on the ALS Ice Bucket challenge that has gone viral. The goal is to raise awareness and money for research into finding a cure for ALS (also known as Lou Gehrig’s Disease), and it’s working. Donations are up nearly 400 percent. Which is awesome.
LeBron and Team USA called out President Barack Obama. He’s on the clock. (The best part is how some pundits/talking heads will say “it’s not presidential” if he does it, but if it was the guy from their party he would be “connecting with the people.” That’s where we are in American politics, it’s all about power as a zero sum game. For both sides.)
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 2
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 10
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 9
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 9
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 42
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 14
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 54