Aug 17, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
First one of these I’ve seen on a boat. Must be nice.
LeBron James becomes the latest to take on the ALS Ice Bucket challenge that has gone viral. The goal is to raise awareness and money for research into finding a cure for ALS (also known as Lou Gehrig’s Disease), and it’s working. Donations are up nearly 400 percent. Which is awesome.
LeBron and Team USA called out President Barack Obama. He’s on the clock. (The best part is how some pundits/talking heads will say “it’s not presidential” if he does it, but if it was the guy from their party he would be “connecting with the people.” That’s where we are in American politics, it’s all about power as a zero sum game. For both sides.)
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 6
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 19
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 12
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15