Aug 17, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
First one of these I’ve seen on a boat. Must be nice.
LeBron James becomes the latest to take on the ALS Ice Bucket challenge that has gone viral. The goal is to raise awareness and money for research into finding a cure for ALS (also known as Lou Gehrig’s Disease), and it’s working. Donations are up nearly 400 percent. Which is awesome.
LeBron and Team USA called out President Barack Obama. He’s on the clock. (The best part is how some pundits/talking heads will say “it’s not presidential” if he does it, but if it was the guy from their party he would be “connecting with the people.” That’s where we are in American politics, it’s all about power as a zero sum game. For both sides.)
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 10
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 28
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85