Aug 17, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
First one of these I’ve seen on a boat. Must be nice.
LeBron James becomes the latest to take on the ALS Ice Bucket challenge that has gone viral. The goal is to raise awareness and money for research into finding a cure for ALS (also known as Lou Gehrig’s Disease), and it’s working. Donations are up nearly 400 percent. Which is awesome.
LeBron and Team USA called out President Barack Obama. He’s on the clock. (The best part is how some pundits/talking heads will say “it’s not presidential” if he does it, but if it was the guy from their party he would be “connecting with the people.” That’s where we are in American politics, it’s all about power as a zero sum game. For both sides.)
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 4
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 4
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 16
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 12
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6