Aug 16, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
It’s a new day for the Clippers — the energy sucker that was Donald Sterling is gone and the exuberant, high energy of former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer is in. This is great for the Clippers because they have an owner that spends, wants to win and cares. He will fit in great in Los Angeles.
But in the tech world this has caused some snickers. Ballmer’s stage presence at Microsoft events was described this way at Dice.com: “Leaping inelegantly on any stage he graces, part nightmarish leprechaun and part psychotic wildebeest, Ballmer is comic, tragic, comic and, finally, simply terrifying.” Ballmer is not exactly loved in that world.
Now he’s the guy in charge of the Clippers. Microsoft has had some branding and image issues, that led the readers at Gizmodo to come up with some pretty funny potential new Ballmer-friendly Clippers logos. We’re passing a few along.
The top one was my favorite, it actually did laugh out loud.
- Chris Paul out for Game 1 of Clippers-Rockets series 1
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry is the MVP for a modern NBA 12
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Previews: Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Chicago Bulls 4
- PBT Extra: Can Jimmy Butler have success slowing LeBron James? 3
- PBT Extra: Dwight Howard, DeAndre Jordan matchup key part of Clippers vs. Rockets 2
- Stephen Curry wins MVP with 100 of 130 first-place votes, but James Harden closest second place in four years 20
- PBT Second Round Playoff Preview: Los Angeles Clippers vs. Houston Rockets 10
- Ginobili, Duncan, Popovich dance around questions about Spurs’ future 12