Aug 16, 2014, 7:00 PM EST
It’s a new day for the Clippers — the energy sucker that was Donald Sterling is gone and the exuberant, high energy of former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer is in. This is great for the Clippers because they have an owner that spends, wants to win and cares. He will fit in great in Los Angeles.
But in the tech world this has caused some snickers. Ballmer’s stage presence at Microsoft events was described this way at Dice.com: “Leaping inelegantly on any stage he graces, part nightmarish leprechaun and part psychotic wildebeest, Ballmer is comic, tragic, comic and, finally, simply terrifying.” Ballmer is not exactly loved in that world.
Now he’s the guy in charge of the Clippers. Microsoft has had some branding and image issues, that led the readers at Gizmodo to come up with some pretty funny potential new Ballmer-friendly Clippers logos. We’re passing a few along.
The top one was my favorite, it actually did laugh out loud.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 11
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13