Aug 16, 2014, 7:00 PM EST
It’s a new day for the Clippers — the energy sucker that was Donald Sterling is gone and the exuberant, high energy of former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer is in. This is great for the Clippers because they have an owner that spends, wants to win and cares. He will fit in great in Los Angeles.
But in the tech world this has caused some snickers. Ballmer’s stage presence at Microsoft events was described this way at Dice.com: “Leaping inelegantly on any stage he graces, part nightmarish leprechaun and part psychotic wildebeest, Ballmer is comic, tragic, comic and, finally, simply terrifying.” Ballmer is not exactly loved in that world.
Now he’s the guy in charge of the Clippers. Microsoft has had some branding and image issues, that led the readers at Gizmodo to come up with some pretty funny potential new Ballmer-friendly Clippers logos. We’re passing a few along.
The top one was my favorite, it actually did laugh out loud.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 63
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13