Aug 16, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
It’s a new day for the Clippers — the energy sucker that was Donald Sterling is gone and the exuberant, high energy of former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer is in. This is great for the Clippers because they have an owner that spends, wants to win and cares. He will fit in great in Los Angeles.
But in the tech world this has caused some snickers. Ballmer’s stage presence at Microsoft events was described this way at Dice.com: “Leaping inelegantly on any stage he graces, part nightmarish leprechaun and part psychotic wildebeest, Ballmer is comic, tragic, comic and, finally, simply terrifying.” Ballmer is not exactly loved in that world.
Now he’s the guy in charge of the Clippers. Microsoft has had some branding and image issues, that led the readers at Gizmodo to come up with some pretty funny potential new Ballmer-friendly Clippers logos. We’re passing a few along.
The top one was my favorite, it actually did laugh out loud.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 12
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 20
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14