Aug 16, 2014, 10:00 PM EST
The ice bucket challenge is a gimmick meant to raise awareness of ALS and generate donations to help fight the disease, and to say that it’s been a wild success would be a fairly massive understatement.
It’s swept through social media at an extremely rapid rate, with athletes of all sports and celebrities of all kinds participating.
The NBA is no exception. Individual players have taken the plunge, as did the bulk of the USA Basketball squad. So, it seemed increasingly evident that it would only be a matter of time before we saw a video emerge from the commissioner himself.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 5
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 15
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 11
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15