Aug 16, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
The ice bucket challenge is a gimmick meant to raise awareness of ALS and generate donations to help fight the disease, and to say that it’s been a wild success would be a fairly massive understatement.
It’s swept through social media at an extremely rapid rate, with athletes of all sports and celebrities of all kinds participating.
The NBA is no exception. Individual players have taken the plunge, as did the bulk of the USA Basketball squad. So, it seemed increasingly evident that it would only be a matter of time before we saw a video emerge from the commissioner himself.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 17
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 55
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19