Aug 16, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
The ice bucket challenge is a gimmick meant to raise awareness of ALS and generate donations to help fight the disease, and to say that it’s been a wild success would be a fairly massive understatement.
It’s swept through social media at an extremely rapid rate, with athletes of all sports and celebrities of all kinds participating.
The NBA is no exception. Individual players have taken the plunge, as did the bulk of the USA Basketball squad. So, it seemed increasingly evident that it would only be a matter of time before we saw a video emerge from the commissioner himself.
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 0
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 12
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14