Aug 16, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Hill is going to get a lot more run (and may start) in the wake of George’s injury. Hill played sparingly in 28 games as a rookie for the Pacers last season, showing flashes of progress but generally looking like a rookie trying to adjust to the NBA. This year he gets thrown into the fire.
According to Basketball-Reference.com there has been a long list of guys who have worn No. 44: Bobby Edmonds (1968), Ron Perry (1969), Tom Thacker (1970-1971), Mike Flynn (1976-1978), Tony Zeno (1980), Dick Miller (1981), John Duren (1983), Dwayne McClain (1986), Kyle Macy (1987), Kenny Williams (1991-1994), Austin Croshere (1998-2006), Courtney Sims (2008), Solomon Jones (2010-2011), and Kyrylo Fesenko (2012).
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 28
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 44
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4