Aug 16, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Hill is going to get a lot more run (and may start) in the wake of George’s injury. Hill played sparingly in 28 games as a rookie for the Pacers last season, showing flashes of progress but generally looking like a rookie trying to adjust to the NBA. This year he gets thrown into the fire.
According to Basketball-Reference.com there has been a long list of guys who have worn No. 44: Bobby Edmonds (1968), Ron Perry (1969), Tom Thacker (1970-1971), Mike Flynn (1976-1978), Tony Zeno (1980), Dick Miller (1981), John Duren (1983), Dwayne McClain (1986), Kyle Macy (1987), Kenny Williams (1991-1994), Austin Croshere (1998-2006), Courtney Sims (2008), Solomon Jones (2010-2011), and Kyrylo Fesenko (2012).
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 10
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 7
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 10
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 7
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 42
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4