Aug 16, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
Hill is going to get a lot more run (and may start) in the wake of George’s injury. Hill played sparingly in 28 games as a rookie for the Pacers last season, showing flashes of progress but generally looking like a rookie trying to adjust to the NBA. This year he gets thrown into the fire.
According to Basketball-Reference.com there has been a long list of guys who have worn No. 44: Bobby Edmonds (1968), Ron Perry (1969), Tom Thacker (1970-1971), Mike Flynn (1976-1978), Tony Zeno (1980), Dick Miller (1981), John Duren (1983), Dwayne McClain (1986), Kyle Macy (1987), Kenny Williams (1991-1994), Austin Croshere (1998-2006), Courtney Sims (2008), Solomon Jones (2010-2011), and Kyrylo Fesenko (2012).
- NBA denies Kings’ protest 2
- Russell Westbrook returns to court tonight for Thunder vs. Knicks 8
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 10
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 8
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9