Aug 15, 2014, 10:36 AM EDT
Don’t mess with Ray Allen’s wife.
Ray Allen is still deciding if he’s going to play for the Cavaliers next season or walk away from the game after a Hall of Fame career, but he loves Coral Gables where he lives in Miami and will continue to live there. His family is still there.
Some curious teens in Miami apparently don’t read PBT and didn’t know all that, so they broke into his house, reports NBCMiami.com.
The group of seven teen had been attending a party next door when they decided to go to the Coral Gables home around 2:30 a.m., Coral Gables Police spokeswoman Kelly Denham said.
The teens, who believed Allen and his family weren’t home and said they thought it would be “cool” to go in the house, entered through an unlocked back door, Denham said. Allen’s wife and kids were sleeping upstairs but were awoken by the commotion, Denham said.
“She heard people walking up the stairs and that’s when she yelled out to them, “what are you doing in my house?” Denham said. “As soon as they heard that, they fled the house.”
The teens then told some of their parents, who drove them straight to the police station. The teens admitted entering the home — they saw boxes and thought he and his family was gone and moving to Cleveland, according to the report.
The teens have yet to be charged, this would be a misdemeanor because nothing was taken and there was apparently no “intent” to steal.
I get it in this sense — I bet Ray Allen has a cool house. Probably some sweet memorabilia. But in a state with “stand your ground” laws that appear to be broadly interpreted, the youth should be happy this turned out the way it did.
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 0
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10