Aug 15, 2014, 8:45 AM EDT
I haven’t formally checked, but I’m fairly sure the “venom”/gas mask Bane wears in the Batman comic books and movies would violate the NBA’s banned substance list.
That’s not what the Rockets’ Patrick Beverley is doing, that mask helps simulate high altitude giving an already exhausting NBA off-season workout a thin air, gasping-for-breath quality. Beverley better be putting in the work this summer because without Jeremy Lin in town a lot more point guard load is going to fall on him (the guys behind him on the depth chart are much younger and more raw).
But man, that mask makes him look like Bane. I bet there was a great workout program at the Peña Dura prison.
I know who Beverley should go out as for Halloween this year.
Hat tip to Eric Freeman at Yahoo’s Ball Don’t Lie.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 2
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 2
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 2
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15