Aug 15, 2014, 8:45 AM EDT
I haven’t formally checked, but I’m fairly sure the “venom”/gas mask Bane wears in the Batman comic books and movies would violate the NBA’s banned substance list.
That’s not what the Rockets’ Patrick Beverley is doing, that mask helps simulate high altitude giving an already exhausting NBA off-season workout a thin air, gasping-for-breath quality. Beverley better be putting in the work this summer because without Jeremy Lin in town a lot more point guard load is going to fall on him (the guys behind him on the depth chart are much younger and more raw).
But man, that mask makes him look like Bane. I bet there was a great workout program at the Peña Dura prison.
I know who Beverley should go out as for Halloween this year.
Hat tip to Eric Freeman at Yahoo’s Ball Don’t Lie.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32