Aug 15, 2014, 8:45 AM EST
I haven’t formally checked, but I’m fairly sure the “venom”/gas mask Bane wears in the Batman comic books and movies would violate the NBA’s banned substance list.
That’s not what the Rockets’ Patrick Beverley is doing, that mask helps simulate high altitude giving an already exhausting NBA off-season workout a thin air, gasping-for-breath quality. Beverley better be putting in the work this summer because without Jeremy Lin in town a lot more point guard load is going to fall on him (the guys behind him on the depth chart are much younger and more raw).
But man, that mask makes him look like Bane. I bet there was a great workout program at the Peña Dura prison.
I know who Beverley should go out as for Halloween this year.
Hat tip to Eric Freeman at Yahoo’s Ball Don’t Lie.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 11
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13