Aug 15, 2014, 8:45 AM EDT
I haven’t formally checked, but I’m fairly sure the “venom”/gas mask Bane wears in the Batman comic books and movies would violate the NBA’s banned substance list.
That’s not what the Rockets’ Patrick Beverley is doing, that mask helps simulate high altitude giving an already exhausting NBA off-season workout a thin air, gasping-for-breath quality. Beverley better be putting in the work this summer because without Jeremy Lin in town a lot more point guard load is going to fall on him (the guys behind him on the depth chart are much younger and more raw).
But man, that mask makes him look like Bane. I bet there was a great workout program at the Peña Dura prison.
I know who Beverley should go out as for Halloween this year.
Hat tip to Eric Freeman at Yahoo’s Ball Don’t Lie.
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 0
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 1
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 1
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13