Aug 15, 2014, 1:29 AM EST
For a guy who is a marginal NBA player, E’Twaun Moore keeps getting rumored to land on some very good teams.
First it was the Cleveland Cavaliers. But now comes a report he is instead about to ink a deal with the Chicago Bulls, reports Mary Stevens out of Sports Talk Florida — the Web site of NBC Sports Radio affiliate Sports Talk 1080 in Orlando.
Former Orlando Magic guard E’Twaun Moore will sign with the Chicago Bulls in the next few days, according to sources. Several reports indicated the young guard was joining the Cleveland Cavaliers but those rumors are false.
That would be an interesting fit.
The Bulls have 13 guys on the roster right now, so while they don’t have to add a body they likely will, ideally someone providing depth on the wing. Moore is a 6’4” guard who Orlando kept mistakenly playing at the one but who is really a two out there to knock down threes (35.4 percent last season).
That potentially could be a good fit in Chicago. They have a slasher in Derrick Rose and a very good passing front line with Pau Gasol and Joakim Noah. A guy who can stay at the arc and knock down shots could have some value. Plus he can play some at the one if needed (but they have Derrick Rose, Kirk Hinrich and Aaron Brooks, so there are not lot of minutes at the one).
The Bulls have Jimmy Buttler starting at the two and an improved Tony Snell behind him. There are not a lot of minutes to be had there either. But on a minimum deal in a limited role off the bench it’s not a terrible pick up.
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 13
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 23
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 11
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 2
- LeBron James on Cavaliers’ struggles: “I stink” 20