Aug 15, 2014, 1:29 AM EDT
For a guy who is a marginal NBA player, E’Twaun Moore keeps getting rumored to land on some very good teams.
First it was the Cleveland Cavaliers. But now comes a report he is instead about to ink a deal with the Chicago Bulls, reports Mary Stevens out of Sports Talk Florida — the Web site of NBC Sports Radio affiliate Sports Talk 1080 in Orlando.
Former Orlando Magic guard E’Twaun Moore will sign with the Chicago Bulls in the next few days, according to sources. Several reports indicated the young guard was joining the Cleveland Cavaliers but those rumors are false.
That would be an interesting fit.
The Bulls have 13 guys on the roster right now, so while they don’t have to add a body they likely will, ideally someone providing depth on the wing. Moore is a 6’4” guard who Orlando kept mistakenly playing at the one but who is really a two out there to knock down threes (35.4 percent last season).
That potentially could be a good fit in Chicago. They have a slasher in Derrick Rose and a very good passing front line with Pau Gasol and Joakim Noah. A guy who can stay at the arc and knock down shots could have some value. Plus he can play some at the one if needed (but they have Derrick Rose, Kirk Hinrich and Aaron Brooks, so there are not lot of minutes at the one).
The Bulls have Jimmy Buttler starting at the two and an improved Tony Snell behind him. There are not a lot of minutes to be had there either. But on a minimum deal in a limited role off the bench it’s not a terrible pick up.
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 11
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 15
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 17
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11