Aug 15, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
DeMarcus Cousins could have make a great case for his inclusion on Team USA for the World Cup on Saturday — he would be one of the USA’s reserve big men and the USA’s going to have to deal with Brazil’s front line of Nene, Tiago Splitter and Anderson Varejao.
But after banging knees with Kenneth Faried on Thursday Cousins was on the court Friday taking jump shots. Still limping a little, but taking jump shots, according to reports out of practice.
Don’t expect him to play on Saturday against Brazil, according to Nick Friedell of ESPN.
I still expect Cousins to make the cut. He looked good in the Vegas exhibition and showed flashes over the week in Vegas (when he runs the floor hard with this group everything gets easier, he just needs to do it consistently).
The question out of Saturday (and this week of practice) is how much Andre Drummond, Mason Plumlee and Kenneth Faried helped their causes. Expect Coach Mike Krzyzewski to take his time, watch these guys through the week of practices and games in New York, before making his decision.
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 14
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 7
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17