Aug 15, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
DeMarcus Cousins could have make a great case for his inclusion on Team USA for the World Cup on Saturday — he would be one of the USA’s reserve big men and the USA’s going to have to deal with Brazil’s front line of Nene, Tiago Splitter and Anderson Varejao.
But after banging knees with Kenneth Faried on Thursday Cousins was on the court Friday taking jump shots. Still limping a little, but taking jump shots, according to reports out of practice.
Don’t expect him to play on Saturday against Brazil, according to Nick Friedell of ESPN.
I still expect Cousins to make the cut. He looked good in the Vegas exhibition and showed flashes over the week in Vegas (when he runs the floor hard with this group everything gets easier, he just needs to do it consistently).
The question out of Saturday (and this week of practice) is how much Andre Drummond, Mason Plumlee and Kenneth Faried helped their causes. Expect Coach Mike Krzyzewski to take his time, watch these guys through the week of practices and games in New York, before making his decision.
- Mike Conley playing Game 2 against Warriors tonight 0
- John Wall out for Wizards-Hawks Game 2 tonight 2
- PBT Extra: Will Doc Rivers sit Chris Paul in Game 2? 0
- Tony Allen on MVP Stephen Curry: “It ain’t nothing I ain’t never seen before” 19
- PBT Extra: Grizzlies searching for answers, Mike Conley in Game 2 1
- PBT Extra: Hawks need to lean on starters more, hit open looks in Game 2 0
- CP3 who? Clippers come from behind to take Game 1 from Rockets on road. 23
- Bulls ride hot start, strong shooting night to Game 1 win in Cleveland 28