Aug 14, 2014, 4:50 PM EDT
You’ve got to applaud this waitress — she was doing her job.
Stephen Curry is the baby faced killer of the Golden State Warriors, a 24 point a game All-Star, a household name and recognized face in the basketball world… but not everybody is into that world. You’re reading this story in the middle of August on a basketball blog, you’re pretty much an NBA junkie, but a lot of people get through life just fine without the Association or even hoops.
Stephen Curry and his wife went out to dinner one night and ran into one of those people — and she wasn’t going to serve him a drink. Curry told the story about getting carded and not having his ID to Dime Magazine, as passed along by CSNBayArea.com.
“It happened at California Pizza Kitchen in the Bay Area like 15 minutes from my house. We went, I tried to get a drink after the season, that’s exactly what happened. Me and my wife went to dinner, and we didn’t have our daughter with us, and she was with the babysitter. So I ordered a beer, and I didn’t have my ID with me, ‘cause I left it in the car and I thought she’d recognize me.
“So the waitress asks, and I was like, ‘Uh, is your manager here,’ and I took my chances with him knowing who I was, and … he knew.
“But she basically, yeah, she wouldn’t give me the benefit of the doubt, knowing that I didn’t look like I was over 21 and not knowing who I was.”
That is awesome.
Curry did get his beer to go with his pizza… which means Curry is clearly not on the Paleo diet with LeBron James and Dwyane Wade this summer. Not that he should be. Curry doesn’t need to be on any kind of diet, if he loses any more weight he could get blown away by a gust of wind, like a dandelion.
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 0
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 10
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 4
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 1
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 10
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 7
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31
- Suns coach Hornacek says shortening games won’t help teams rest their stars 2