Aug 14, 2014, 4:50 PM EDT
You’ve got to applaud this waitress — she was doing her job.
Stephen Curry is the baby faced killer of the Golden State Warriors, a 24 point a game All-Star, a household name and recognized face in the basketball world… but not everybody is into that world. You’re reading this story in the middle of August on a basketball blog, you’re pretty much an NBA junkie, but a lot of people get through life just fine without the Association or even hoops.
Stephen Curry and his wife went out to dinner one night and ran into one of those people — and she wasn’t going to serve him a drink. Curry told the story about getting carded and not having his ID to Dime Magazine, as passed along by CSNBayArea.com.
“It happened at California Pizza Kitchen in the Bay Area like 15 minutes from my house. We went, I tried to get a drink after the season, that’s exactly what happened. Me and my wife went to dinner, and we didn’t have our daughter with us, and she was with the babysitter. So I ordered a beer, and I didn’t have my ID with me, ‘cause I left it in the car and I thought she’d recognize me.
“So the waitress asks, and I was like, ‘Uh, is your manager here,’ and I took my chances with him knowing who I was, and … he knew.
“But she basically, yeah, she wouldn’t give me the benefit of the doubt, knowing that I didn’t look like I was over 21 and not knowing who I was.”
That is awesome.
Curry did get his beer to go with his pizza… which means Curry is clearly not on the Paleo diet with LeBron James and Dwyane Wade this summer. Not that he should be. Curry doesn’t need to be on any kind of diet, if he loses any more weight he could get blown away by a gust of wind, like a dandelion.
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 37
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 18
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6